Going portable with Log4om

General discussions about Log4OM features
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Going portable with Log4om

Post by IW3HMH »

Well... when Log4OM was born there was not a Windows 8 tablet... It's not a "feature by design" but an opportunity, at least until we don't start working for a dedicated tablet user interface, that is a bit out of the current plans :)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
m5kvk
Novice Class

Post by m5kvk »

No worries, I quite understand.

I'm sure I can play with the screen resolution and magnification to make it more readable.
G1YBB
Old Man

Post by G1YBB »

this thread is interesting to me as I am in need of a mobile computing device, and have been thinking of a microsoft surface pro over a windows based laptop.
The images in original post are not showing for me?

Have any more users tried log4OM on tablets yet?
the Surface pro is a fairly decent size, but fairly hi res for the size, which make me think the texts size might be a bit small for me..
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Windows 8.a has a great scaling feature that works much better than the previous dpi increase. I have tried that in my pc and works very well. But size is also display inches...

In have plans for a new window dedicated to qso insert screen that could help with size
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
W8AP
New user

Post by W8AP »

I am a new user and really enjoy using Log4OM. I have been using it on my Mac running Windows10 under Parallels. Flawless!

Today I updated my Toshiba Encore-8 to Windows10. Installed Log4OM and it works flawlessly with my KX3....
G1YBB
Old Man

Post by G1YBB »

W8AP wrote:I am a new user and really enjoy using Log4OM. I have been using it on my Mac running Windows10 under Parallels. Flawless!

Today I updated my Toshiba Encore-8 to Windows10. Installed Log4OM and it works flawlessly with my KX3....
I'm loving the program. Finally my friend who I said to use log4om a couple of weeks ago has done so, his response, and I quote
'it's bloody brilliant " (off air on facebook btw)

How did you find the text size? I am at the point where I am on the verge of needing reading glasses. I have some +1 glasses which restore close up vision nicely but I can't see anything over 2 foot away with them on so rarely use them.
I am attracted to the size and weight of a larger tablet over a laptop, but am worried about being able to see it.
I wish shops would let you test install!
W8AP
New user

Post by W8AP »

Steve ... It is a bit of a challenge but compared to relearning cw not so bad! :D Probably the most difficult is getting the "touch' on the screen to touch where you want. A larger tablet (the Toshiba is quite small compared to my iPad) and or stylus would be most beneficial. My almost 70 yo eyesight has recently been adjusted (cataracts) so for now the type size is sufficient.

Also, I use OneDrive to store the database on so it is easy to use the tablet and then later on go to my laptop and connect to the same database.
G1YBB
Old Man

Post by G1YBB »

W8AP wrote:Steve ... It is a bit of a challenge but compared to relearning cw not so bad! :D Probably the most difficult is getting the "touch' on the screen to touch where you want. A larger tablet (the Toshiba is quite small compared to my iPad) and or stylus would be most beneficial. My almost 70 yo eyesight has recently been adjusted (cataracts) so for now the type size is sufficient.

Also, I use OneDrive to store the database on so it is easy to use the tablet and then later on go to my laptop and connect to the same database.
Thanks for the extra info. All good to know!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

73 Terry G4POP
G1YBB
Old Man

Post by G1YBB »

G4POP wrote:I use one of these with my tablet

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BX0YKX4/r ... P38N4MCFZA
That looks neat. How does the touch pad interact with the screen, is there an app you install to make a pointer like with a mouse?