2%
NO CAT
No votes

Total votes: 59

IW3HMH
Site Admin

CAT survey. Please vote.

Post by IW3HMH »

Mantaining 2 different CAT software is heavily expensive, in terms of software integration, because we should keep the "minimum common set" of informations between both CAT systems, and sometime one is a limit for the other.

We have the feeling that Omnirig is working better and on a bigger set of rigs (seems to be more reliable) but i want to have a survey on what user have in their shacks. This will help us enhancing the CAT logic in Log4OM with more functions.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
PB4FUN
Advanced Class

Re: CAT survey. Please vote.

Post by PB4FUN »

Why not just use the way other programs are using, with direct RS232 commands e.g. like in N1MM logger ?
PB4FUN Meindert; Rig : Icom IC-9100 / Ant: Falcon OUT-250-B @4m AGL; 144 MHz 16 el @ 4m AGL; 70 cm 23 el @ 5 m AGL
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi Daniele,
Now that we talking about Cat, I would like to give two points to think about.

What do you think that via Omnirig it can pick up the Output power from radio and also the "S" meter?

I talked with Omnirig programmer, Alex, about it and he told me that it is possible making it via the log software. Of course it's just a "preciousness" perhaps exaggerated, but something interesting. Is a suggestion to think about.
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
gi0hwo
Novice Class

Post by gi0hwo »

Omnirig gets my vote.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The guys that polled for the "Omnirig does not work"

Why does it not work?

Your rigs not supported

Rig is supported but it does not work

Other

Fully detailed explanations please
73 Terry G4POP
M0RSF
Novice Class

Post by M0RSF »

Omnirig to control two Yaesu FT817ND transceivers. Rig-1 for 6M, 2M & 70cm and Rig-2 for HF.

73 Chris M0RSF
G/QRP #07737 - Fists #15922
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Terry,

as is wrote in an older thread. I have tested my Icom IC-735 with Hamlib but don´t get it to work. IC-735 is supported by Hamlib. With Omnirig never have had a problem to connect to my "oldie" TRX :D :D

Another CAT software that works perfectly with my old rig was Flrig and my question in the other (vy old) thread was "is it possible to integrate Flrig into L4O as CAT software" ....

My reason for that questin was: Omnirig switching Band, Mode and Frequency when i doubleklick in the cluster but if i do that with Omnirig after a few seconds the MODE field was empty. In Flrig the mode was holding ..... I have checked out to connect Flrig to L4O but my CAT interface is connected via USB and uses a "virtual" COM so i can not use a COM port splitter. COM port splitters only can split hardware COM ports :? :?
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

M0RSF wrote:Omnirig to control two Yaesu FT817ND transceivers. Rig-1 for 6M, 2M & 70cm and Rig-2 for HF.

73 Chris M0RSF

Chris,
Are you saying that you cannot or that you can use Omnirig for two identical radios?
73 Terry G4POP
M0RSF
Novice Class

Post by M0RSF »

My apologies Terry I should have made myself clearer. I control two 817's using Omnirig without any trouble at all, it works fine.

73 Chris M0RSF
G/QRP #07737 - Fists #15922
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

PB4FUN wrote:Why not just use the way other programs are using, with direct RS232 commands e.g. like in N1MM logger ?
Mainly because this require the implementation of all (different) CAT protocols adopted in all rigs.
They're sending direct commands to rigs, the work that is actually made by Omnirig/Hamlib/FlRig

I've plans and a working prototype of a "log4om CAT" but it's still in standby due lack of time :)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH