IC-7800 / OmniRig & 2 VFO frequency displays

General discussions about Log4OM features
VK7XX
Old Man

IC-7800 / OmniRig & 2 VFO frequency displays

Post by VK7XX »

Does anyone on the forums have an IC-7800, uses omnirig, and has managed to get the main & sub vfo frequencies to display on the new V1.22.0.0 log4om ?? if yes, how please ??

John
VK7XX
VK7CW
Advanced Class

Re: IC-7800 / OmniRig & 2 VFO frequency displays

Post by VK7CW »

Hi John,

Hope all is well.

I cant help you with the IC-7800 but I am using Omni rig for my FT-1000 and both VFOs came up upon installation no problems. It even has RX (green) and TX (red) indicators for each VFO when using split etc.

The only issue I have is that the smaller VFO B display is on the left hand side and the larger VFO A display is on the right hand side which is the wrong way around in my opinion. But maybe there is a reason for it??

OK good luck with the IC-7800.

73 de Steve VK7CW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK7XX wrote:Does anyone on the forums have an IC-7800, uses omnirig, and has managed to get the main & sub vfo frequencies to display on the new V1.22.0.0 log4om ?? if yes, how please ??

John
VK7XX
Due to the command structure of Icom radios it is not possible for Omnirig to display both. I have two Icom radios and this has been a problem for a long time
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

VK7CW wrote:Hi John,

Hope all is well.

I cant help you with the IC-7800 but I am using Omni rig for my FT-1000 and both VFOs came up upon installation no problems. It even has RX (green) and TX (red) indicators for each VFO when using split etc.

The only issue I have is that the smaller VFO B display is on the left hand side and the larger VFO A display is on the right hand side which is the wrong way around in my opinion. But maybe there is a reason for it??

OK good luck with the IC-7800.

73 de Steve VK7CW
It was inverted in the beta releases, but when user doesn't have VFO B the VFO A (main) remained in the middle of the user interface, and not on the upper right side, so we decided to move that way.
I agree with you on that, i will try to swap them and dinamycally place the VFO A in the right place when B is not available
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH