Re: fill fields

Post by G4POP »

Just use the QSO Archive manager

Sort and select the QSO's to be updated

Check enable update

In "Field update" select the field

In the data box insert the information to be added

Click update

When searching select the owner callsign field but use 'equal to' and leave the data field empty - this will then select all the QSO's where the owner callsign field has nothing entered in it (equal to nill, empty or nothing)
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

If i remember correctly (i don't have sources here) the station callsign is automatically filled on import, using the station callsign set in the program settings.
Everything else should be fixed as Terry reported.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
yt9tp
Old Man

Post by yt9tp »

This is the reason why I once proposed to add option to set values for some fields on import.

It seems more natural for me to set such values on import because I know exactly what data I am dealing with (and have exact records in import file) and I know what needs to be set or overridden. It seems much better than having to additionally search for those records and set them.
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The easy way would be to request the other logging programs correctly complete the ADIF fields to provide a true data exchange :D

We spend a lot of hours making Log4om overcome the shortcomings of other software.
73 Terry G4POP
yt9tp
Old Man

Post by yt9tp »

Imported log are correct.

This is not fault of third party programs. All log information that are important for them are there.

It is just that we need to fill in additional information, which is important to use data in Log4OM.

Implementing this seems simple: you could expand import form with grid containing two columns. The first column is field name and the second column is value. User could add records to that table stating field name (or selecting from prepared list) and filling in value that should be written to that field on import.

Then, while importing, you simply use those values to populate specified fields after record is imported in Log4OM table.

It is even simpler that what you do to populate country information, regarding that you have to calculate country from call sign.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I agree. I'll find a way to do that.
There is already a "massive update" function in QSO management - Massive update - Verify station/Operator callsign that does that
yt9tp
Old Man

Post by yt9tp »

While setting up Log4OM to be used in our radio club, I again stumbled on this issue.

I have to upload old logs from various occasions, mostly contests. Each contest has its own log file.

What we need for club use is that we can easily distinguish log records based on contest they belong to.

Log4OM has field contest_id so we can use it, but it would be good to have an option to populate that field on log import.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I'll make a thought on that, from adif import