CAT / OmniRig / TS480

General discussions about Log4OM features
F5OWK
Novice Class

CAT / OmniRig / TS480

Post by F5OWK »

The CAT / OmniRig connexion doesn't work with a TS480SAT.

As I can connect the TX using HRDLog, I know the cable is OK, the port is OK, the baud rate is OK...

And as I can connect another TX using Log4OM, I cannot understand where the problem is.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

73 QRO.

Hervé
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT / OmniRig / TS480

Post by G4POP »

Omnirig works perfectly with my TS480SAT so I can only suspect that your radio comport is still being used by another program.

Close all programs

Restart the computer

Try to connect using Log4om only
73 Terry G4POP
F5OWK
Novice Class

Post by F5OWK »

Thanks Terry for your advice !

let's try !

73 ES GD WE
K0AY
Old Man

Post by K0AY »

I have experienced similar problems with a TS480.I have no problem getting CAT control with Omnirig for LOG4OM. But when I try to add WSJT-X using a second port, It doesn't work Using WSJT-X with Omnirig selected as the "rig" will work on WSJT-X but LOG4OM then loses CAT control. It seems that Omnirig cannot feed 2 entities at one time. I wonder if anyone has been successful in setting up WSJT-X selecting TS480 from the choices of rigs in the setup screen?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K0AY wrote:I have experienced similar problems with a TS480.I have no problem getting CAT control with Omnirig for LOG4OM. But when I try to add WSJT-X using a second port, It doesn't work Using WSJT-X with Omnirig selected as the "rig" will work on WSJT-X but LOG4OM then loses CAT control. It seems that Omnirig cannot feed 2 entities at one time. I wonder if anyone has been successful in setting up WSJT-X selecting TS480 from the choices of rigs in the setup screen?

Seems that you might need to install a Virtual Serial Port (VSP) pair
73 Terry G4POP
K0AY
Old Man

Post by K0AY »

Terry, thanks for your help. I installed VSPE per your detailed instructions. Log4OM worked with the rerouted comm port FB. But WSJT-X will not. Even if I shut down LOG4OM and give WSJT-X exclusive rights to the com port I cannot get CAT. If you have your TS-480 working, I would really appreciate the settings you are using.

Art
K0AY
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi Art,

You should not need a VSP Splitter, as Log4OM and WSJT-X can both use OmniRig, and OmniRig is multi threaded to connect a number of programs to the same com Port at the same time. I run WSJT-X with Log4OM and have no problems. So one instance of OmniRig connected to your CAT com port, then both Log4OM and WSJT-X set to use OmniRig - Rig 1. To configure WSJT-X, open the Settings window, Radio tab, Rig: should be set to OmniRig Rig 1 - assuming you are only running one rig.

If you continue to have difficulties, let me know and we can set up a Teamviewer session (after this weekends CQWW-CW contest!

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Art's issue was solved with a TeamViewer session. This issue was Windows 10 security. Reducing the security level a bit and starting both WSJT-X and Log4OM as Administrator solved the problem.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
K0AY
Old Man

Post by K0AY »

May Thanks!!!
f4hxc
Novice Class

Post by f4hxc »

Hello I have the same problem!!! is it possible to connect via teamviewer on my computer !?
I have this product: https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Yaesu-USB-CAT-T ... 2749.l2649
cat usb on com6 and it's ok with log4om, but when I transmit with wsjt-x, on wsjt-x the frequency is red with 00000 and I have error message to config RIG ....

help me !!!
73'
F4HXC
Berty