Running a 2nd Radio

General discussions about Log4OM features
g4nkx
Novice Class

Running a 2nd Radio

Post by g4nkx »

My KNWD TS590S hooks up nicely on virtual port com 10 using omni-rig - no problem.
Last night decided to rig up my FT450D and give it a run, in most cases it would either be one radio or the other (Not together), it comes up under com port 8.
As Omni-Rig supports x2 radios I thought this would be fine but the 450 is not detected by Omni-Rig/Log4OM - not absolutely sure if its an Omni-Rig problem or not - as the 450D appears in the radio listings but its not playing ball - I powered everything down and fired up MixW on its own with the 450 and its fine.

I disabled the Kenwood and tried to run the 450 on its own but still no go - thought it worth a mention!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Running a 2nd Radio

Post by G4POP »

How did you set this up did you use the Rig 1 & 2 settings in Omnirig and then try switching between rigs in Log4OM?

I would have to check but if I remember correctly Rig 1 must be connected and turned on to be able to switch to Rig 2 in Log4OM - It is intended for SO2R at this time so both rigs are expected to be connected and turned on.

This works FB with my ProIII and IC7000
73 Terry G4POP
g4nkx
Novice Class

Post by g4nkx »

Hi Terry:

That's exactly what I've done- completely overlooked both radios being ON....
Will have another look right now !

Thanks Peter
G4NKX HAYLING
g4nkx
Novice Class

Post by g4nkx »

Hi Terry
Yes your memory serves you well - with "BOTH RIGS" on, firing up Log4OM results in the Primary radio TS590 displaying, switching to "Rig 2" in Log4OM then displays the FT450D - Whooops ! another oversight... changing bands now extremely fast.

Thanks Terry - great stuff indeed - as I type - activity on 10m !

This mail may have crossed.

Cheers de Peter
G4NKX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Peter,
We will eventually make it possible to select Rig 2 without Rig 1 being turned on its on our Mantis list
73 Terry G4POP