Reason's why LOG4om is better than HRD?

General discussions about Log4OM features
KD0SGX
Advanced Class

Reason's why LOG4om is better than HRD?

Post by KD0SGX »

This is just to help me talk to my buddies that currently use HRD and to bring them over to LOG4OM!!

I will start.

1.Price-FREE
2.Support-FREE-(forums)
3.Simple, Much easier to use.
4.Clean Design.
5.???? :D :D :D
KD0SGX Minnesota, USA-MIKE
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Reason's why LOG4om is better than HRD?

Post by IW3HMH »

well... there are a lot of things where log4om is far superior to HRD
Other features are better in HRD, but only because they inherited those features from Simon :)

We're integrated with SOTA program
We have more than 70 different awards supported
Log4OM automatically parse cluster searching for references
We have powerful search and edit features
We're integrated with clublog, qrz.com, hamqth, qrzcq, eqsl, hrdlog, pstrotator, fldigi...
Our cluster supports regular expressions, clickable spot maps, cluster grouping
Winkeyer support (at least from v. 3)
automatic upload of QSO to all relevant online services
clublog integration
coffee machine
time machine: you can move time backward to restart a DX-expedition everytime you want until you connect them
Log4OM comes with a great package containing a 160mt fullsize yagi with tower
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

IW3HMH wrote: coffee machine
time machine: you can move time backward to restart a DX-expedition everytime you want until you connect them
Log4OM comes with a great package containing a 160mt fullsize yagi with tower
Uuups ... think i have a outdated version :D 8-)
Miss this 3 features in my package :lol: :lol:
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
KD0SGX
Advanced Class

Post by KD0SGX »

The tower must come in the mail after you install, I am still waiting on mine. :lol: :lol: :lol: I did just rewind time on a DXpedition and it was great!!
KD0SGX Minnesota, USA-MIKE
N4UP
Novice Class

Post by N4UP »

I have been looking for an alternative to HRD and I am about to download and install LOG4om. Well, I have to wait until early tomorrow morning due to ISP data limits. So my main question will be answered once I download everything, install the program, read the manual, and try it out.

My main reason for considering LOG4om is that HRD does not support virtual ports. I have HRD "paid support" and asked HRD and they said that it does not support virtual ports and WILL NOT support virtual ports. Hopefully LOG4om does.

All of my other radio software supports virtual ports, e.g., contest logger, panadapter software, etc. The reason I need a general logging program that supports virtual ports is so the radio COM port can be shared between the various programs.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

N4UP wrote:My main reason for considering LOG4om is that HRD does not support virtual ports. I have HRD "paid support" and asked HRD and they said that it does not support virtual ports and WILL NOT support virtual ports. Hopefully LOG4om does.

All of my other radio software supports virtual ports, e.g., contest logger, panadapter software, etc. The reason I need a general logging program that supports virtual ports is so the radio COM port can be shared between the various programs.
Yes we do support virtual ports when using Omnirig, I use them myself to synchronise some external programs
73 Terry G4POP
N4UP
Novice Class

Post by N4UP »

Thank you Terry ! That is very good to know. I look forward to trying out LOG4om.

BTW, I am also from Essex, was born and raised in Upminster before it became part of London.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

N4UP wrote:Thank you Terry ! That is very good to know. I look forward to trying out LOG4om.

BTW, I am also from Essex, was born and raised in Upminster before it became part of London.

Small world, Although I am originally a Cockney we lived in Cranham just off Moor Lane and Hornchurch and my wife comes from Rise Park Romford Essex (Not the London Borough of Havering) Hi
73 Terry G4POP
N4UP
Novice Class

Post by N4UP »

Small world indeed. My mother's family lived in Ardleigh Green but we lived in Upminster, on Bridge Avenue, across the street from the AFC Hornchurch stadium. But for some reason I am a Sheffield Wednesday fan ...
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Well it seems we took a slagging from one of the HRD employees on the QRZ forum, I hope I answered it in a way our users would approve of?

See:

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads ... st-3745660
73 Terry G4POP