ARRL LOTW Issues

General discussions about Log4OM features
K7PT
Old Man

ARRL LOTW Issues

Post by K7PT »

Possibly others have noticed over the past few months that there is a few issues with LOTW.

The most noticeable being the I have had QSLs from LOTW that are two and three years old. Today, I get a new QSL via LOTW from TI5W which was originally confirmed by LOTW back in March of 2012 (4 years ago).

I've seen this several times over the past year since they redid LOTW.

Didn't think you could delete your LOTW log and reenter your QSOs. That's the only way I can see this happening.

I have no idea how this happens or why. Very confusing! :?:
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
LA9FFA
Advanced Class

Re: ARRL LOTW Issues

Post by LA9FFA »

The same happend to me today, Also TI5W, But also several other qso`s in the past months.
Strange!.
K0AY
Old Man

Post by K0AY »

I also get QSLs from QSOs several years old. I attribute that to the DX station finally getting the light, joining LOTW and uploading many years of contacts.
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Chuck,

I don't think you can delete your log. However, some stations re-submit their logs. Supposedly an exact duplicate is rejected. However, it might be that there has been some slight change in the qso (grid square, etc.), and it is accepted. I'm not certain this is what is happening, but it is possible.

Jim N6VH
OE3OSB
New user

Post by OE3OSB »

Hi,
do you think it make sense to upload the logentries to all Online Logs a little bit delayed or eg at the end if i close the program. So i can avoid to send logs which i have done by mistake. You know, on some platforms it is not possible to delete wrong entries.
vy 73 de Erich (OE3OSB)
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

I think Jim-N6VH is correct and I don't think delaying my upload will solve this as some I get are 6 to 8 years old.

Not really a big problem, just a little confusing.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"