Great users

General discussions about Log4OM features
K7PT
Old Man

Great users

Post by K7PT »

I want to take this moment to thank the user community for their understanding of Daniele's post regarding V1 of Log4OM moving to a sustaining mode and that all new requests for features be applied to V2.

I've worked with several logging programs in the past and I can tell you that the users we have here are by far the best in the world. You make positive suggestions and find bugs that we somehow miss and it's done in a very useful way. It is a pleasure to work with each and everyone using Log4OM and each user is as important as any of us on the development team WE COULD NOT DO IT WITHOUT YOU!

V1 has been a learning vehicle for us and rest assured that V2 will be even better. THANK YOU. 8-)
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
CT1BXX
Old Man

Re: Great users

Post by CT1BXX »

Hello Chuck,

Thanks for your kind words. However I think that the merit is yours, is from All the Log4OM Team. I have been in others groups and the way, moderators handle the forum were not the best.

In Log4OM the team gives to the users the possibilty to express our thoughts , as users, we feel a lot of respect and attention from your side. This makes the diference.

If in your words, we are "great users", we need to say that all of you are the best softwer team.
Many thanks for the way you handle the Log4OM project, meanwhile we all are very excited to see V2 when possible.

Enjoy the weekend.
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Chuck,

Many thanks. The credit MUST go to the dev team, forum mods and anybody else involved with the gestation of Log4OM.

The quality of a program (includes support, etc) shapes the quality of the user-base.

I have said it before and I will say it again, the thing that sets Log4OM apart from other programs is that nobody has the attitude that is so common amongst freeware teams; and that is to say to users something like "What are you complaining for? The program is free and if you don't like it you can fuck off". The dev and support teams always listen to an individual even if they are posting rubbish (done it a few times :oops: ). Also, even though answers may be in the manual or FAQs, nobody has been rudely told to RTFM.

A polite and considerate dev/support team encourages polite and considerate users.

I cannot wait for v2.

Sorry if the post does not make sense, I have a GA earlier today.
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I'm a bit absent from forum lately.
I'm facing a couple of work issues and i have much less time to take a break and read the forum during the day.

During night i'm working on V2, trying to get the most optimized code from V1 and fixing everything that caused me troubles or limited my ideas. It's an hard work, because the first thing i want to develop is the user interface... because i can test the software from the user perspective, but i should necessarily create the building blocks of the underlying code to create a smarter user interface.

Actually the database structure is almost complete. Features database code as "plugin", so in the future everyone with programming skills can create new database plugins to work with access, oracle, sqlserver and everything else including nosql database.
This can also allow users (and myself) to create database interfaces that doesn't work on real database but can, as example, work with custom webservices that provides informations and store the real database...

Possibilities are endless...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH