Wrong DXCC´s in log

General discussions about Log4OM features
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Wrong DXCC´s in log

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi all,

According to the CEPT rules you have to use the prefix of the country from where you are operating. You also have to add if you are either portable /p or mobile /m. Usually you should not add any regional information like OH1, OH2, OE1, OE2, ...

For Finland this means OH/xxx/p. If you are operating from a different DXCC entity, you either will use OH0 or OJ0. So it's quite obvious that OH always means Finland and not some of the other entities.

Same with Australia. VK/xxxx always means Australia mainland. If you are operating from one of the other DXCC entities belonging to Australia you most probably will either have an own callsign anyway, or you will use VK9/xxx and you manually have to assign the DXCC entity.

So if the prefix is not in an exception list for a different DXCC entity (like OH0 or OJ0), it's always the main country (Finland in this example). I tried this out in some other logging programs, all resolved OH/callsign correctly. The same is valid for CE, CT, EA, HK, ...

I fully agree with EI9JU, thanks God you're out of rope ;)

Claus, EI7JZ/OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Hi Claus,
New rope has arrived, now I'm waiting on the wood. HiHi

BTW: It all works now. OH/K7PT resolves as Finland as well does K7PT/OH. :D

I'm now building the trap door for the gallows.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
M0PTB
Novice Class

Post by M0PTB »

Hmm, EA9 (Ceuta & Melilla, Africa) now (2020 July 08) logs as Spain. I thought this had been resolved?

I'm using WSJT-X for FT8. It correctly decodes EA9 as Ceuta & Melilla, knows I've worked it B4 on the band (60m). Log4OM logs it as Spain. JTAlert is stuck in the middle - correctly showing B4 but identifying as Spain, colouring it as a wanted continent. How a B4 can be a wanted continent is a stumper! :?

73 de M0PTB
Attachments
Self-care.txt
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 453 times