Log4OM Display Changed

General discussions about Log4OM features
W3LI
Old Man

Log4OM Display Changed

Post by W3LI »

Opened Log4 after several days off. Immediately I noticed that the columns on the log page F8 were changed. Also, in the blue area above the log several items were compressed and not showing the full title. Locato?? , Freq, cut short. CLR button, only top half showing.
Spot page print distorted. Other pages show similar errors.

Log 4 has been working without error for a long time, love it.

History, I have run defrag and disk cleanup. I have closed the program and opened, also shut the computer down and restarted.

Have not installed WIN 10, have not installed latest firmware 1.25.0.

I am out of ideas, any help would be appreciated.

TU

Andy, W3LI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM Display Changed

Post by G4POP »

I think that you will find that your Windows screen size setting has changed, probably to 125% change it back to 100%
73 Terry G4POP
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Terry, thank you for that but I have done so back and forth several times. If it were that all of my pages from other sources would have changed. Hotmail, QRZ,QTH, ARRL etc are all fine.

Andy, W3LI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Andy,
The windows screen size setting does not effect all software, Please at least try my suggestion and set it back to 100%
73 Terry G4POP
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Terry, I set it back to 100% Saturday, nothing has changed, it is still not correct. Many contacts logged since then.

Should I go ahead and down load the latest version and see if that corrects the problem?

Tnx agn Andy, W3LI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Should I go ahead and down load the latest version and see if that corrects the problem?
Worth a try!
73 Terry G4POP
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Hi Terry,
I have down loaded ver 1.25.0, but no change. The spacing etc on the screens are still messed up.
I would guess that my next move would be to delete the entire program and start over.?????
Sad thing. It has worked for over a year.
Andy, W3LI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

W3LI wrote:Hi Terry,
I have down loaded ver 1.25.0, but no change. The spacing etc on the screens are still messed up.
I would guess that my next move would be to delete the entire program and start over.?????
Sad thing. It has worked for over a year.
Andy, W3LI
You can try that, obviously take a backup first!

However I don't think it will make any difference, I beleive it is something that has changed on your computer, possibly due to an update or new software being installed.

Although my personal version of Log4om has had all of the updates applied it has not been uninstalled since we introduced version 1.19 a couple of years ago without any graphics issues.
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Try running a portable version on a separate folder... i bet it will work...
Windows has some "optimization features" that could be wrongly enabled (one above all is the "graphical expansion" of the applications)...

A screenshot is appreciated, if this problem persists also with portable edition
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Daniele, thank you for the ideas and help.
Not being a computer person I do not understand what you mean by running a portable version on a separate folder. I have no idea how to send a screenshot.
I'll live with what I have got until something new comes along.
The very best to you, Andy, W3LI