Germany [Deleted] in countries list?

General discussions about Log4OM features
G1YBB
Old Man

Germany [Deleted] in countries list?

Post by G1YBB »

when I import my Minos contest log ADIF export to Log4OM I go through it in QSO manager and use field updater to set all my fields correctly and for all the Gs and GWs etc.

But for the overseas ones I usually double click them and set the country on the Country pulldown list from the Country IOTA SOTA tab.
Germany is showing as
Germany [Deleted]

why is that?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Germany [Deleted] in countries list?

Post by G4POP »

This is because many years ago the DXCC changed from 'Germany' to 'Federal Republic of Germany' there for 'Germany' is a deleted entity but it would appear that this Minos program does not record them correctly so.

Have you tried using the 'Update country' check box in Log4OM during the ADIF import to save a manual update?
73 Terry G4POP
G1YBB
Old Man

Post by G1YBB »

Odd, I was sure I looked for Federal Rep... last night and it was [deleted] too, but it is not this morning.
That's that explained thanks.

I think I have not have tried the Update countries incorrectly assuming it meant update the countries list (quite why it would be there I know not!).
I shall be trying that next time.

Is there anything else I am doing wrong in Minos or Log4OM as the station callsign always comes in as G1YBB when I am always G1YBB/P or GW1YBB/P and my grid locator is always empty.
I can see in the Minos export ADIF that <operator> is set to G1YBB but that is coming into station callsign and Owner Callsign is blank.
I can easily do a search/replace in Notepad++ in the next ADIF and correct my callsign but wondered if you might be able to say
"Ah what you should be doing is....."?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G1YBB wrote:Odd, I was sure I looked for Federal Rep... last night and it was [deleted] too, but it is not this morning.
That's that explained thanks.
Gremlins or fatigue?
I think I have not have tried the Update countries incorrectly assuming it meant update the countries list (quite why it would be there I know not!).
I shall be trying that next time.
This is what I was referring to
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (44.22 KiB) Viewed 4355 times
Is there anything else I am doing wrong in Minos or Log4OM as the station callsign always comes in as G1YBB when I am always G1YBB/P or GW1YBB/P and my grid locator is always empty.
I can see in the Minos export ADIF that <operator> is set to G1YBB but that is coming into station callsign and Owner Callsign is blank.
I can easily do a search/replace in Notepad++ in the next ADIF and correct my callsign but wondered if you might be able to say
"Ah what you should be doing is....."?
If its not in the import we don't add data to those fields so you should use our QSO Archive manager to bulk update those fields after import - Easier than notepad by far!

With regard to what you might be doing wrong in Minos, I cant begin to guess because its not one of our programs so only the Minos developer can advise you.
73 Terry G4POP
G1YBB
Old Man

Post by G1YBB »

thanks Terry.