Cluster and Super Cluster ?

General discussions about Log4OM features
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Cluster and Super Cluster ?

Post by KI5IO »

Any positive / negative comments about having both a "regular" Cluster open/running and having the Super Cluster running at the same time?

I've been putzing with both for curiosity sake and interested in what others have experienced.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Cluster and Super Cluster ?

Post by IW3HMH »

You have 2 indipendent sources of informations. Cluster is based on classic cluster informations. Super cluster is based on HRDLOG.NET online users reports, and has nothing to do with the traditional spot cluster.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
EC6DX
Advanced Class

Post by EC6DX »

Hi ,

Which is the best? ... Why?... Super cluster is faster?... More information...? Excuse me but I check and I saw same information... Maybe I am in the wrong way...
EC6DX Balearic Islands
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

EA5IDQ wrote:Hi ,

Which is the best? ... Why?... Super cluster is faster?... More information...? Excuse me but I check and I saw same information... Maybe I am in the wrong way...
Here is a link to another cluster topic that has a pretty good explanation.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1771&p=10473&hilit= ... ter#p10473
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Super cluster is a seperate cluster window. It not shows you the same as the "normal" cluster, it shows you stations which are connected to hrdlog.net and you can see on what QRG a stations is working or in standby ... That allows you to give stations a call which are not spotted in the normal dx clusters....
df5ww1.png
df5ww1.png (57.46 KiB) Viewed 5479 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.