Possible Bug in Latest version

General discussions about Log4OM features
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Re: Possible Bug in Latest version

Post by WA2SQQ »

Terry I found something that corrects this.
1. I'm seeing this with he AN400 stations that others reported.
2. If you worked the station, and it's not showing up (as worked), highlight the station next time they are on the cluster. It will tell you that you've worked them. Now send a "spot" to the cluster for that ststion. After you send it, it's now indicating that you worked them.

So what does sending a spot do?
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

I think you've come across the cause.

It's not a case of what does the spot do? It's a case of what does the spot contain, character wise?

There must be a non-printing character in the cluster spot that does not give the perceived correct indication. If this is the case it will not match your entry in your log and will not show as worked.

This can happen if I send a spot with a special character (non-printing) like a line feed or a return. Even a space (hex 20).

Your sending the spot and it works correctly proves the point.

Try a different cluster???????
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Sending a spot causes a refresh which is what I suspected was the problem in the first place - You work the station but because the cluster has not yet refreshed it does not highlight the spot as worked before

I also mentioned that perhaps the spotter had used a 'O' instead of a Zero e.g AN4OOG (AN4OOG) instead of AN400G (AN4 Zero Zero G) which again would not be a match for your previously worked station.

All in all I don't consider this to be a Log4OM issue, unlike the IOTA custom highlight which is being triggered by the AN in the call AN400????
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

To date, this has only occurred with the AN400 stations, so I'd have to agree that it's probably not a LOG4OM problem. Sorry to causse a false alarm, but it was somewhat reassuring that others experienced the same problem.
Thanks Terry!