Frustrated Label Printing is QL570 Worth it?

General discussions about Log4OM features
kg5pio
Novice Class

Frustrated Label Printing is QL570 Worth it?

Post by kg5pio »

Im printing labels from Log4OM and altho I got it working I am frustrated by the fine adjustments Im making and the labels still come out not right in some way and not able to go larger fonts or it will throw off everything as well as other issues with text not fitting right in some areas, using the 8160 label sheets.

Im willing to get the label printer but before I do is it worth it? Am I going to have similar issues or will the preset config just work as it should? Any one who is using the label maker can comment?

Thanks
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Frustrated Label Printing is QL570 Worth it?

Post by G4POP »

osros wrote: Am I going to have similar issues or will the preset config just work as it should? Any one who is using the label maker can comment?
Well the QL570 works fine for me as do the Avery 7160 labels on my dot matrix printer but its entirely your decision
73 Terry G4POP
kg5pio
Novice Class

Re: Frustrated Label Printing is QL570 Worth it?

Post by kg5pio »

I did get the 8160 working good enough that I can print workable labels, just when you want say change the font for address 1 point larger it throws off everything the top labels may be okay but then the bottom labels are printing too low and off the label and the adjusting starts all over again. Seems like Im missing or cant see an adjustment for were the text will print on the label itself the X/Y, for example the address in my opinion starts too low in the first place on the label and there is wasted space I can use to say increase the font?

I be the first to admit it maybe user error I just wish there was a better/easier way for trial and error before I print so many test sheets to see if it lines up the way I want against the label sheet, and a better understanding of some of the adjustment options would help me.

If there are values someone would like to share for the label adjustment screen I can try for the 8160 labels Im willing or any other advice. This is just something that should just work and if the single/roll type label method works better just wanted to know.

Thanks