SOTA Support

General discussions about Log4OM features
VK2YW
Advanced Class

SOTA Support

Post by VK2YW »

Hi Terry and all the Team,

Merry Xmas.

I read your news about the difficulties you are having with the SOTA support and that if it doenst improve that you may drop support for SOTA.

Please don't. Let's persevere with what we have and improve as and if/when the MT make the changes. I love how this program supports SOTA - it is just so easy to log and then when I have enough contacts it is the simplest process to upload to the SOTA Database. Its a feature I am sure many people use and is one of the 'stand out' features of this great piece of software. Keep up the good work with it but it would be such a shame if we lost SOTA support.

John VK2YW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: SOTA Support

Post by G4POP »

John,
Its very difficult to provide SOTA support without the support of SOTA! but we will persevere for a while but unless there is some resolution to the lack of DXCC identification for summits very soon it will render Log4OM useless for SOTA users.

Don't get me wrong I think SOTA is one of the best pursuits in amateur radio because it makes the operator get creative regarding equipment and introduces the outdoor physical exercise aspect, which is good for our well being. I am an avid SOTA chaser and /P QRP devotee so wont give up on it without reason.

Interestingly SOTA MT chased the ADIF developers a couple of years back to include fields for the SOTA ref's, these were added in ADIF 3.00 (2013) but SOTA MT have failed to implement the ADIF format anywhere in SOTA and we are now on ADIF 3.04!!!!!!!
73 Terry G4POP