Contest (F4)

General discussions about Log4OM features
W3LI
Old Man

Contest (F4)

Post by W3LI »

GE Folks, I have been using Log4OM since 4/14, but only using the log. I thought that I would try the contest log as I have always sent my logs in on paper and a dupe sheet. I went to the User Guide and then to page 49 and read the short description of its use. I clicked on enable contest mode and followed the items on page 49 and the sample on line. Do not understand why there is a 2 in the sent box indicating that I have worked 2 contacts. Under the heading of Auto Generation there is a box for fixed string???? I clicked on the Auto generate ok. Also, do not not understand the Prefix or the Suffix boxes. Could not find any info in the User Manual.
The last sentence of the last paragraph states, This option allows the user to export correctly in a CABRILLO report file the information
required for the contest organizer. I went through the User Manual to find the procedure for doing that. I guess that I am missing something.
Thanks for any help.

Andy...W3LI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Contest (F4)

Post by G4POP »

W3LI wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 00:13Do not understand why there is a 2 in the sent box indicating that I have worked 2 contacts.
No this is related to the serial number to be sent for that QSO and is set by the 'Auto Generate' field as below

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (44.16 KiB) Viewed 3884 times

Under the heading of Auto Generation there is a box for fixed string???? I clicked on the Auto generate ok. Also, do not understand the Prefix or the Suffix boxes. Could not find any info in the User Manual.

Some contest just require the same exchange every time (Fixed string)

The last sentence of the last paragraph states, This option allows the user to export correctly in a CABRILLO report file the information required for the contest organizer.
Unfortunately this is a mistake in the user guide and should read

"The field Contest ID allows the user to indicate in the log the name of the contest to which the QSO refers. This option allows the user to export an ADIF file with the correct information for conversion by an external program into a CABRILLO report file the information required for the contest organiser"

There is not an export to Cabrillo format in Log4OM, I will edit the user guide
73 Terry G4POP
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Hello Terry, Tnx for the info on F4 Contest Log. That fills in some blanks.
Not sure about Cabrillo files though. Subject for another time.

73's Andy... W3LI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Pleased to help
73 Terry G4POP