Omnirig, Log4Om and an old IC-735

General discussions about Log4OM features
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Omnirig, Log4Om and an old IC-735

Post by DF5WW »

Have an older Rig since a few days and 2day i got a SB-1000 interface from CG antennas (for CI/V and digital modes). Works but not really nice. If L4O connects via CAT Band and Frequency are show´n exactly but not the Mode which is switched at the TRX. If i set mode manual in L4O it switches back to none after a second. If i dublecklich on a cluster entry the TRX changes frequency and mode but the mode field in L4O empty again after a second.

Any idea how i can get this nice old maschine running with L4O ???

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Omnirig, Log4Om and an old IC-735

Post by G4POP »

DF5WW wrote:Have an older Rig since a few days and 2day i got a SB-1000 interface from CG antennas (for CI/V and digital modes). Works but not really nice. If L4O connects via CAT Band and Frequency are show´n exactly but not the Mode which is switched at the TRX. If i set mode manual in L4O it switches back to none after a second. If i dublecklich on a cluster entry the TRX changes frequency and mode but the mode field in L4O empty again after a second.

Any idea how i can get this nice old maschine running with L4O ???

;) ;)
Please check that you don't have the lock activated next to the mode field
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Terry, i´m using this little "trick" that L4O holds the mode that i set manually ;)
But if i use a cluster spot and the transceiver switches to another mode L4O holds always the "locked" one. Don´t know to much about CAT or CI/V but does the Icom not gives the mode via CAT to a logger or contest logger :cry: :cry:

If i use Flrig (for Fldigi) the modechanges are shown in Flrig so i think that the Icom send those informations.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF5WW wrote:Don´t know to much about CAT or CI/V but does the Icom not gives the mode via CAT to a logger or contest logger
Yes it should do

Have you tried Hamlib for the rig control?

I believe that the SB1000 interface only works at low baud rates, what baud rate are you using?
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Using the 1200 baud rate which is useful for the IC-735. Have not tried Hamlib. Don´t like it ;) But will make some more test the next days. There´s also a problem with wsjt-x. If i have enabled CAT alll works fine but no PTT via CAT. Tried all RTS and DTS settings but nothing. If i like to work with wsjt-x i have to disable CAT and work only with "PTT via seperate comport" with RTS enabled. Then PTT works but no CAT.

Old rigs are nice but with modern Soft- and Hardware it´s an adventure to set them up :D :D
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF5WW wrote:Using the 1200 baud rate which is useful for the IC-735. Have not tried Hamlib. Don´t like it ;) But will make some more test the next days. There´s also a problem with wsjt-x. If i have enabled CAT alll works fine but no PTT via CAT. Tried all RTS and DTS settings but nothing. If i like to work with wsjt-x i have to disable CAT and work only with "PTT via seperate comport" with RTS enabled. Then PTT works but no CAT.

Old rigs are nice but with modern Soft- and Hardware it´s an adventure to set them up :D :D

Hi Juergen,
Tomorrow I will have a look at the Omnirig ini for the 735 to check if there are any problems, sorry but too tired tonight after seven hours bowling in competition finals!
73 Terry G4POP