Manual error

General discussions about Log4OM features
G4DWV
Old Man

Manual error

Post by G4DWV »

Hi,

I don't know if there is any point in reporting errors in the manual in the current release. I just came across one.

Page 45 in the latest copy of the manual, in the text under the Time Management graphic, the text should read "In the Options/Settings *2* menu...". In the manual, it says settings 1.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Manual error

Post by G4POP »

Changed with apologies for not being able to upload the revised manual immediately but I have no broadband at this time, due to BT Internet failure.
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

No worries Terry.

The manual is a fantastic work. Many software manuals are written by people very close to the software. They invariably write thus, "clicking the box 'activate feature abc' will activate abc" without telling why one would wish to do that in the first place.

You manual is written as if a newcomer to the program had written it. That is NOT an insult, but a real compliment and so few programmers can do it. In fact, it is a good bedtime read it is so well written.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT

PS No sign of the updated manual as of yet. Where should I look for it? Direct download or Log4OM? I tried both just now.
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

When it's there use either method but my internet has been down a week and no indication or interest from BT about fixing it.
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The updated manual showing the correct settings page for time management is now uploaded to our server and can be downloaded from the web site or within Log4OM at the 'Help' menu.

Well spotted because that error has been there since I first wrote the user guide 3++ years ago and no other user had sharp enough eyes to notice it!

Again my apologies for the inconvenience about the user guide error and also the delay in uploading the revised user guide. This was due to my broadband being US since last Wednesday until 30 minutes ago - Good old BT!
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

G4POP wrote: 29 Oct 2017, 14:14 Well spotted because that error has been there since I first wrote the user guide 3++ years ago and no other user had sharp enough eyes to notice it!
That, and some of the questions we find here in the forum, shows that most of the users working under
"Try and Error" rules, HI. They don´t take a look to any manual.

It´s the same on my end. Normal functions are easy to handle and there is no manual needed but when
i have some special problems i take a look into it before i ask in any forum ...

Think that´s the reason that nobody have seen a 3+++ year old error, HI ... :D ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.