Windows 10 Creators Update ... I did it.

General discussions about Log4OM features
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Windows 10 Creators Update ... I did it.

Post by DF5WW »

After reading some articles about problems with Hard-/Software after installing the "Creators" update i
stopped feature updates in the registry. But this morning i wouln´t wait longer and i forced the update
with the newer Windows 10 Update Assistent.

Before i did i disabled all USB connections for CAT and other Radio stuff .....

What should i say, update has been worked fine and after a new start and after reconnecting the USB devices
all was working as before. All softwares witch working togehter with Log4OM are running fine and also the
settings for CAT, PTT and Winkey are still the same as before. So no drivers where overwritten by the update.

Not updated yet ? No fear, it´s easy and i found no problems with my old installations ... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
HB9BRJ
Old Man

Re: Windows 10 Creators Update ... I did it.

Post by HB9BRJ »

Juergen

With 2 new versions every year, it's a good idea to clean up after an update. Once you are sure you won't go back to the previous version, reclaim about 20 GB of free space on your C drive:
  • in File Explorer, right-click on your C drive
  • Properties > Disk Cleanup > wait for "Disk Cleanup" window to open
  • click the "Clean up system files" button and wait (this will take while)
  • in the list that opens, select "Previous version(s) of Windows" plus any other entry using a lot of space
  • confirm warning about not being able to go back to previous version and wait. This can take half an hour, depending on the performance of your PC.
  • reboot
73, Markus HB9BRJ
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Windows 10 Creators Update ... I did it.

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Markus,
will do that after a longer test perios ... thank´s for the info.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.