Printing question

General discussions about Log4OM features
NZ4DX
Novice Class

Printing question

Post by NZ4DX »

Hi everyone,
I have looked in the manual but couldnt find anything on this. When I print my label it prints out in local time such as 5:00pm and not in UTC. How do i get it to print in UTC? thanks for the help
73 Fred NZ4DX
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Printing question

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Fred,

have you checked that your config has the real timezone ?
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Fred,

Log4OM derives the time display for printing from your Windows OS. Just go to that particular setup and change as you see fit.

I just did the same with my laptop that I use for radio efforts.

I'm sure your PC local time is set OK and would be an automatic offset from GMT. The change from a 12 hour to 24 hour display is quite helpful.

I also use a routine to keep my computer clock synced to a standard mostly for when I work some digital.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
NZ4DX
Novice Class

Post by NZ4DX »

DF5WW wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 21:18 Hi Fred,

have you checked that your config has the real timezone ?
Thanks for the reply Juergen... where do i find that setting.. didnt see it anywhere in the options
NZ4DX
Novice Class

Post by NZ4DX »

KI5IO wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 02:20 Fred,

Log4OM derives the time display for printing from your Windows OS. Just go to that particular setup and change as you see fit.

I'm sure your PC local time is set OK and would be an automatic offset from GMT. The change from a 12 hour to 24 hour display is quite helpful.

I also use a routine to keep my computer clock synced to a standard mostly for when I work some digital.
Hi Nolan,
I tried switching the PC clock to 24 hour display and still having the same issue when i go to print a label
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

NZ4DX wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 13:24
KI5IO wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 02:20 Fred,

Hi Nolan,
I tried switching the PC clock to 24 hour display and still having the same issue when i go to print a label
It is definitely your Windows time setting that is wrong!

Right click on the time displayed at the bottom right hand corner of your windows desktop and select 'Adjust Date/Time'

At the bottom of the resulting window select 'Change date and time formats'

Set it up according to your local zone as below

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.5 KiB) Viewed 6455 times
73 Terry G4POP
NZ4DX
Novice Class

Post by NZ4DX »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (23.91 KiB) Viewed 6428 times
Thanks Terry... ONe last thing. when it prints it is showing right UTC now but is adding a PM with it.. How do i get rid of the PM ?
Thanks and 73
Fred NZ4DX