separate windows ?

General discussions about Log4OM features
n5dg
New user

separate windows ?

Post by n5dg »

Can I brake out separate small windows ? one for logging . Second showing worked and what bands . Third a band map ? I would like to place these 3 window at different places on my monitor ! If this is possible , can I shrink the log window to 4 inch wide and 3 inch tall ?
The logging software I'm using now logs my FT8 QSO's but the time is off depending how long it takes me to complete the contact ... In other words , when I see a call that I would like to work , When I double click on that call in FT8 ... That is the time that is logged ! How does Log40M do it ? when it see's the RR73 or from the start ? .

Thank You , Ed N5DG
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: separate windows ?

Post by G4POP »

n5dg wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 21:06 Can I brake out separate small windows ? one for logging . Second showing worked and what bands . Third a band map ? I would like to place these 3 window at different places on my monitor ! If this is possible
Look for the word 'Detatch Grid' at bottom of window
can I shrink the log window to 4 inch wide and 3 inch tall ?
Depends on the size and resolution of your monitor
The logging software I'm using now logs my FT8 QSO's but the time is off depending how long it takes me to complete the contact ... In other words , when I see a call that I would like to work , When I double click on that call in FT8 ... That is the time that is logged ! How does Log40M do it ? when it see's the RR73 or from the start ? .

Probably the other software has a choice of using the QSO statr time or end time to log - Check with the other software developer.

Log4OM records both the start and end time correctly for QSO's logged in Log4OM

However if Log4OM receives a QSO from an external program like WSJT it logs the start time provided by the external program - WE DONT CHANGE IT!
73 Terry G4POP
n5dg
New user

Re: separate windows ?

Post by n5dg »

>>>However if Log4OM receives a QSO from an external program like WSJT it logs the start time provided by the >>>external program - WE DONT CHANGE IT!
>>>73 Terry G4POP

Terry Thanks, That's how the software I'm using now works . One time this got me in trouble , took me over 30 minutes to make the QSO . Then when entering date and time in OQRS , the Q did not show . A little guess work was involved.

Guess I'll stick with what I'm using and keep an eye on the time

Thanks Ed N5DG