Awards and Statistics

General discussions about Log4OM features
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Awards and Statistics

Post by KD0ZV »

I wanted to know how many DX CW contacts I had on each band. I cant figure out how to do it in Log4OM but can do it in QRZ.

The DXCC is missing the mode drop down filter that the state has when viewing individual bands. And I don't see column totals like QRZ. Am I missing it or just not there?

Rich
kd0zv
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Awards and Statistics

Post by G4POP »

kd0zv wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 23:16 I wanted to know how many DX CW contacts I had on each band. I cant figure out how to do it in Log4OM but can do it in QRZ.

The DXCC is missing the mode drop down filter that the state has when viewing individual bands. And I don't see column totals like QRZ. Am I missing it or just not there?

Rich
kd0zv

You can only check the number of unique DXCC countries worked by band or by mode (Not by band AND mode) in Log4OM version 1. Version 2 should provide that facility.
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Thanks Terry,

A drop down box like WAS would work fine for me. Not a big deal but just trying to figure out what bands I need extra efforts for CW DXCC at.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

kd0zv wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 12:09 Thanks Terry,

A drop down box like WAS would work fine for me. Not a big deal but just trying to figure out what bands I need extra efforts for CW DXCC at.
You still have the visual guide in the county/band matrix where you can instantly see if you have worked or need confirmed a country on a specific band for CW

As you can see from the screen shot in my case I need to do some work on top band Hi

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (191.3 KiB) Viewed 6300 times
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

I am doing that now but it really does not help much.

Looking forward to version 2. I am not chiming in with any more feature requests until that comes out as I understand its all different.

Hoping for more configurable at a glance features and time will tell :)

Appreciate all you guys do and as always your quick support Terry.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Well, it's not "complex" as i have the full set of informations promptly available, but it take some time to arrange layout and everything else.
Every day working on V1 is something not made on V2. I'm adding V1 features only when i can reuse them into V2 without changes
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Version 1.x is already the best general logging program available so not sure why you update it at all unless is a serious bug.

As I said, I am not even going to add things to my wish list at this point.

My shack would be lost without Log4OM at this point as its the central point for everything.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

V2 is planned because current version, far away from reaching his technical limits, is getting complex to manage as many things has been added adapting code to make room for new features, and this created unnecessary complexity in the structure
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Yea I get that.

I meant that unless there is a serious bug in V1 I would not add even easy features to it as its already great.

Focus on version 2 :)

As always appreciate everything you guys do. Wish there was more I could do to help !
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team