Migrating LOG4OM to a New PC

General discussions about Log4OM features
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Migrating LOG4OM to a New PC

Post by WA2SQQ »

I’ve been using LOG4OM for several years and I’m absolutely delighted with how it performs. I’m certain that there are many features I’ve not yet discovered. During the time I’ve used LOG4OM I’ve updated my PC and have had to transfer it 3 times. I’ve configured LOG4OM to do 2 backups – one to the hard drive and the second to a large thumb drive. After copying the ADIF file to the new PC I’ve had to reconfigure the program manually, but it’s not difficult once you’ve done it one time. Has it been considered, or can LOG4OM automatically set up a new PC from a previous backup? It would be nice to simply install the program on a new PC and select “create from a previous backup”. Insert the thumb drive and you are done.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Migrating LOG4OM to a New PC

Post by G4POP »

Did you see page 170 of our user guide?
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Re: Migrating LOG4OM to a New PC

Post by WA2SQQ »

Terry, yes, I have.
As I commented, the manual process isn’t difficult - I was just wondering if perhaps there was an automated feature I was not aware of. I use some other software that as part of their data backup it saves all the configuration settings and the installed folder settings. When you transfer the software it asks if you want to reinstall using the same settings and folders. If you answer “YES”, it completely re-installs, and no further configuration is required. Might be something to consider in V2. Beyond this, LOG4OM continues to perform incredibly well. I started out using HRD and decided to try LOG4OM when Windows upgrades started causing minor problems that weren’t getting fixed. I never went back and never regretted changing. Thanks for your response and support.