Feature or Bug? Double clicking the callsign clears QSO field?

General discussions about Log4OM features
zs1arb
New user

Feature or Bug? Double clicking the callsign clears QSO field?

Post by zs1arb »

Hi

Firstly, thanks for the amazing application! So lovely to use a logger that doesn't feel like Noah was a beta tester.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I'd love a way to turn it off. When filling out a new QSO I often double click the callsign in order to select the text, copy, and then paste it in my browser to look them up on google etc. This is muscle memory from 30 years of using computers. However double clicking the call deletes the callsign and grid etc. (which is obviously problematic as you've just typed it out and can't remember it)

Is this possible to disable? Is it a bug? (running the latest version downloaded 2 days ago)

Kind Regards,
J.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Feature or Bug? Double clicking the callsign clears QSO field?

Post by IW3HMH »

Double click on callsign is a method to clear the field without using keyboard ESC key.
We can eventually make this an optional feature
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

That is what we have since years in V1. It´s a feature to clear the complete QSO fields if the contact
not should be logged and we will entering a new call for lookup. Think there is no optional way
needed.

;) ;)

By the way, in V2 we have the same function ;)

In V1 and V2 normally you don´t need a copy function for a external lookup in your browser. In
V1 you can set this up elswhere and in V2 we have a button for Web lookup. You only has to hit
it and your browser will open with the external service you use and it shows the data for the
call in the Callsign field ....

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
zs1arb
New user

Post by zs1arb »

IW3HMH wrote: 11 Mar 2020, 13:34 Double click on callsign is a method to clear the field without using keyboard ESC key.
We can eventually make this an optional feature
Thanks for the reply. I'm getting used to not double-clicking :)