LOTW & Log40M

General discussions about Log4OM features
W3LI
Old Man

LOTW & Log40M

Post by W3LI »

Now that Log40M is working as good as I can make it work, HI HI. I have some questions, are my QSO's automatically sent to LOTW ? I have seen places to click marked LOTW. Has anyone successfully done this? LOTW looks to be very complicated to get started. I have called the League, but not much help.
Any help out there?
Andy,W3LI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LOTW & Log40M

Post by G4POP »

Hi Andy,
Once you have set up your LOTW account, that's the hard part, it's easy to upload your QSO's from Log4om to LOTW

At this time upload is not done every time that you log a QSO but we will add that in the near future, presently we do batch uploads from the QSL manager in Log4om

So set up your LOTW account and install the LOTW TQSL program, now apply to LOTW for your certificate using the TQSL program and once you have your certificate we can easily help you set up Log4om to upload.
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Terry,

i love the "batch" uploads. Easy to do and it works from L4O´s postoffice. Better than you have to export an ADIF first, sign it with TQSL and load it up manually to the LotW. Nice idea to do this automatically but if the software try to connect LotW and the server is not reachable ??? Maybe we have a LotW sent status with "Y" and a LotW sent date but it´s not sended ??? That´s why i prefer the "half" automatic (a.t.m.) ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Jurgen,
Yes the possibility of upload error and LOTW overload was why we did not implement auto upload originally.

However the latest TQSL software and changes at LOTW now provide responses on upload that we did not have before so it is quiet likely that we will include auto upload in future releases but of course by user choice.

Hope you are well, keep smiling :D
73 Terry G4POP
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Hello Terry, and all.
Thanks for the information on LOTW. I guess I will try to sign on. This procedure ought to cause some more gray hairs. Does not look easy. The guy at the ARRL I talked to said that unless I had a basic knowledge of computers, I would probably have problems. GREAT
Andy, W3LI