check boxes

General discussions about Log4OM features
W3LI
Old Man

check boxes

Post by W3LI »

Good morning Gentleman, Have a few questions. On the Profile Page there is a ck box labeled "AUTO INCREASE", What is this? On the cluster pages, F9 & Super, there are ck boxes labeled LOTW.
Should these be checked when using LOTW? I tried to watch the video from N0JRJ on the process of unloading and downloading to LOTW. I was getting a head ache watching it. Seems awful complicated. Any better way to do it? Also, it ask for a password, which one?
TU Andy, W3LI
K7PT
Old Man

Re: check boxes

Post by K7PT »

GM Andy,
In the cluster (F9) LOTW check box, if checked, will only display spots of stations that are LOTW users.

The Auto-Increase is used mainly while contesting for logging the contact number, usually in sequence.

Chuck-K7PT
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

The LOTW upload and download from Log4OM is very, very simple and fast.

The password for LOTW is the LOTW password you used when setting up your LOTW certificate. If you did not use a "Private" password when setting up the certificate, leave it blank. It's not the LOTW web site password.

Once you have that set up, you can upload by selecting QSOs in the QSL Management window and clicking on the up arrow.

To download, you go to the QSL Management window, click the down arrow, select a date range and click the Download button. It will then download all QSLS ny LOTW within the sate range and update the QSL status for the QSO as Verified (by LOTW).

Any questions, give me a call.

Chuck-K7PT
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Chuck, good morning, I just went looking for the QSO Management Window, where is it?
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Sorry, I meant QSL management window.
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Chuck, I found the QSL Management window OK. I have not found the way to hand type in all the QSO's back to where I want to start the log book.
Andy,W3LI
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Do you have a paper log or is it another logging program that your transferring to Log4OM?

If entering a paper log to Log4OM, just type in the data into the F1 screen and hit the add button. Be sure to check the Manual Time check box so you can enter the date and time.

If from an existing computer log, do a adif export of your log and then import into Log4OM.

Any questions, call.

Chuck-K7PT
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

TU Chuck, I think that I need a few days off. I'm just burning myself out trying to get Log4OM and LOTW married all at once.