Steppir control

General discussions about Log4OM features
W3LI
Old Man

Re: Steppir control

Post by W3LI »

Sorry Terry if I stepped on you toes. As you know I am ignorant when it comes to computers so I get frustrated very easy. I guess I should down load an up to date user guide. Did not know that there was a new one.
Regards Andy
G3ZSS
Old Man

Post by G3ZSS »

Andy. This is not the least expensive of solutions, but I use a Microham Microkeyer II in my station. This provides the CAT interface to my transceiver, and connects to my PC where I run Log4OM. Microham also sell a "iLink to SteppIR" cable which plugs into the Microkeyer and directly controls the SteppIR. The Microham also provides me with a Winkey interface for CW (not yet supported in Log4OM) and the cables for RTTY interfacing. Microham manufactures specific cable sets for every type of transceiver. I also use the excellent PSTRotator programme, but only for rotating the antennas. 73 Peter G3ZSS
73 Peter G3ZSS
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Peter, thank u for the information on Microham Microkeyer ll. Will take a look at it. The problem I have is simple, I am computer ignorant. I already looked at PST and gave up on that idea, no manual with information on how to use it. I would guess that Microham will be the same.
These folks are great programmers and can write code all day long, but they can not write good instruction manuals. They assume that we have degrees in computer science or at least are IT techs.
Tnx agn, Andy, W3LI