RTTY with Log4OM

General discussions about Log4OM features
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: RTTY with Log4OM

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 13:41 Hi Terry,

"It is still the only software that currently supports tru FSK RTTY"

What about MMTTY and MMVARI? MultiPSK may do it too, but I am not sure.
MMTTY and MMVARI support True FSK but they are engines that are best built into software like DXLabs do and dont provide any method of communication to external software in standalone versions.

As far as I am aware MultiPSK does not provide any interface to other software, whereas MixW has an available system for integration already, we have not been requested to integrate this software with Log4OM.
73 Terry G4POP
CT1BXX
Old Man

Re: RTTY with Log4OM

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi,
As I have told before, I have better result on RTTY with MixW than with FLDigi, perhaps that's my fault. For me no matter software is, what I would like is FSK and not AFSK.
Yes MMTTY is also a very good option. In FLDgi group, I have seen colleagues asking, for FSK, but the author has no intention to implement it.
I have built the circuit for Pseudo FSK , described on FLDIGI Manual but the result was not very good. In other hand, pay an extra value for an interface, while I can have real FSK with other software, the choice is evident. :D

MMTTY offers the possibility to be included in any logbook, as others logs.
Perhaps one day Lele could think about it, and make a complete integration with MMTTY.
I say MMTY only because it seems to be easier, since MMTTY author’s has the complete information to programmers how to implement.

G4POP wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 17:36
MMTTY and MMVARI support True FSK but they are engines that are best built into software like DXLabs do and dont provide any method of communication to external software in standalone versions.
It would not be more interesting, to make it work in Log4om as in DXLab? I imagine more code but perhaps better integration. :?:
I think that Logger32 also uses MMTTY.

Let´s wait and live in the hope that something could happen in order to have an integration with a software that has FSK.
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX