RTTY with Log4OM

General discussions about Log4OM features
K0HB
Old Man

RTTY with Log4OM

Post by K0HB »

Is anyone running an RTTY app with Log4OM?

I'd like to be able to run real FSK (NOT AFSK) and be able to enter the RTTY contacts into the Log4OM database "on the fly".
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: RTTY with Log4OM

Post by G4POP »

GM Hans,
The problem is finding FSK software! Most are AFSK so the choices are limited.

I use MiXW for FSK RTTY and then export an ADIF for importing into Log4om, we have MiXW support on our Mantis list so eventually it will be integrated. Using MiXW does allow synchronisation of frequency and mode with Log4om so clicking cluster spots works fine it's just that QSO's logged by MiXW are not automatically logged to Log4om

MMTTY is a possibility for the future but now it's open source who knows what the future holds fot that one.

So fo now there is no FSK RTTY program properly integrated!
73 Terry G4POP
IU3CYV
Advanced Class

Post by IU3CYV »

And possible integration by DDE with mixw?
73 de Tiziano IU3CYV :roll:
(old callsign IW7EFC)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

That is what I was referring to in my last post
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

By the way, Lele has written a solid software and V1 is only in maintenance.

For new implementations we have to wait for V2. I know that some guys would
work with real FKS so some of the modern TRX have the solution to use it but
Lele is not only work on V2 he has also a real Job and a family. That needs time
too ....

Let´s stay tuned and we will look forward to see what V2 is giving us in the future.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hans,

There is a good solution for this. I have done it myself.

Even though I have an Icom 7300 and do not need an external interface, I bought a microHAM DigiKeyer II. I chose that unit as it supports FLDigi's pseudo-FSK. Look for more details in the FLDigi manual.

FLDigi can be configured to log to log4om.

The DigiKeyer II was the only unit that I found that works with FLDigi in that way.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi Guy, it's a possibility that i have thought about, however for me it seems that on reception, MixW or MTTY works better than FLdigi. This is only my experience, not a rule, and perhaps is caused by a bad configuration from my side, however this is my experience. I thought to buy the interface you suggest till I compare FLdigi vs MixW and MTTY. I prefer wait for what Lele reserves for us about this subject, meanwhile I use MiXW for FSK RTTY and then export an ADIF for importing into Log4om.
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Manuel,

Sorry for the late reply.

MixW is rubbish IMHO. It does not have RSID, something that is essential when dealing with all the sub-modes of main modes like Olivia for example.
The registration of MixW is a joke. I figured it out very quickly so could use it for free if I wished. I uninstalled it and cannot for the life of me see why anybody would use it, let alone pay for it. It is not exactly cheap either.

73 es best wishes for 2018 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I have a G4ZLP Pro Three interface and also a US Navigator and both work fine with FLDigi in the manner described.

Although MixW may have its shortcomings regarding some of the more obscure audio data modes and in your opinion be useless! It is still the only software that currently supports tru FSK RTTY and as such I shall continue to use it and request support for MixW with Lele.
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,

"It is still the only software that currently supports tru FSK RTTY"

What about MMTTY and MMVARI? MultiPSK may do it too, but I am not sure. I am asking for information and not to be funny. I did not intend any personal disrespect at all to anybody who chooses to use MixW. I was just giving a personal opinion about a program that does not seem to have any redeeming features. I wonder what you mean by true FSK? IMHO, it is FSK if audio tones are not used to modulate the transmitted signal. The pseudo-FSK of Fldigi falls into that definition. With FSK, it is what comes out that is important, not the process used to produce the two carriers.

I did consider getting a G4ZLP interface, but he did not "pass" the pre-pruchase exercise/process I use to evaluate one-man bands.

With warmest regards

Guy G4DWV 4X1LT