OmniRig Installation hiccup ???

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

OmniRig Installation hiccup ???

Post by KI5IO »

Due to a HDD failure and other changes ... including replacing the HDD with an SSD (WOW - super fast response on an old Dell D830 laptop) ... I'm moving my ham radio items back to that laptop.

Been installing APPs slowly and trying to be sure about running as Administrator as needed, etc..

Hiccup I have now is that I had downloaded and installed the most recent OmniRig and 'ini' file for the rigs (I already have my own modified 'ini' file for my K3).

I can't get OmniRig to work with the new Log4OM installation. When I go to Cat & Cluster in the Log4OM settings I get the below popup when I select the OmniRig CAT Software button.

As noted I had installed OmniRig independently, but I also clicked the check to have Log4OM install it with the new installation.

I'm sure I'm looking past something, but have not yet hit upon a solution. BTW - HamLib just doesn't cut it. !!

Yes, I'm running OmniRig and Log4OM as an Administrator.

Any suggestions for what I'm overlooking will be most appreciated.
Attachments
OmniRig-Not-Correctly-Installed.PNG
OmniRig-Not-Correctly-Installed.PNG (2.88 KiB) Viewed 2865 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: OmniRig Installation hiccup ???

Post by G4POP »

Sounds like a bad Omnirig download or install, I would uninstall it and reinstall from a fresh download.

Right click on install file and select 'run as an administrator'
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Tnx Terry.

I had removed, downloaded and re-installed a few times all with the same response as noted in the first post. All installed as an "administrator".

Well, I've learned that the damn icons on the Desktop and/or in the Taskbar also can be set to have the APP run as an Administrator.

I just found one icon (that I had pinned there for Log4OM) did not have the tick set for "Run as Administrator". I removed the icon, made sure the Desktop icon for Log4OM was set for "Run as Administrator" and then pinned it to the Taskbar.

Joy happened. It worked and I was able to select OmniRig.

My hiccups started when I completed the Windows 10 Fall Creator's update (rather major update) and I screwed up the MBR on my HDD. I tried for two days to fix and said to hell with it and bought a 120GB SSD for $45.00 and did a fresh, clean installation of Windows 10 Pro. Have now spent about two days updated and re-installing s/w for APPs I want on this laptop. Time consuming, but the SSD is faster than anything I've ever experienced on any laptops I've owned. Prices have come way down from a couple of years ago as well.

The SSD certainly has spiffed up the old Dell D830 laptop that is a true workhorse and as solid as can be.

More importanly a complete fresh/new installation of Windows Ten Pro is certainly keeping an eye on things when it comes to "admin privileges" and the like.

Botoom line ... OmniRig is working as it should.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

OT:- I have used an SSD in the past, but was less that impressed as I tend to keep my apps in memory. Yes, things did load faster but until a 2GB SSD is the same price as a 2GB hard drive, I'll keep my money. I need that capacity as I have 11 OSs installed.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.