eQSL and LOTW status not updated after import ADIF

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
PE4BAS
Novice Class

eQSL and LOTW status not updated after import ADIF

Post by PE4BAS »

Hello there,

Found Log4OM before but found it again after some good reviews on a dutch forum. So I wanted to try as I look for a replacement for HRD V5. However, the most important thing: my logbook should be imported first of all before I'm going on. I did read the manual and so far so good I did import part of my log till 2007. Just to test if everything goes allright. However I have some problems I can't solve yet.

1. QSL status is ok, but eQSL and LOTW status has not been imported from the ADIF file?
2. Trying to update the status via eQSL download, but there is no QSO found? (Yes I did fill in all passwords and QTH nickname)

I'm used to manually upload eQSL, I don't want to do it automatically. But in Log4OM it is not a matter of right click and choose. Strange as it is possible to manually upload to qrz, clublog, HRDlog etc. Why not eQSL? Find the way it has to be done in this program a bit difficult.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: eQSL and LOTW status not updated after import ADIF

Post by KI5IO »

Bas,

Take a look at the Log4OM Manual on Page 93. It takes you through uploading either eqsl or lotw calls.

You can do one at a time if you like or select a bulk number when in the QSL Management feature.

My comment does not address your ADIF import issues with certain elements not being noted. Often that is due to where the ADIF came from as not all logging programs use the proper ADIF protocol.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

PE4BAS wrote: 15 Dec 2017, 22:25 I did import part of my log till 2007. Just to test if everything goes allright. However I have some problems I can't solve yet.

1. QSL status is ok, but eQSL and LOTW status has not been imported from the ADIF file?
What logging software did the ADIF originate from?
2. Trying to update the status via eQSL download, but there is no QSO found? (Yes I did fill in all passwords and QTH nickname)
Perhaps you need to use an early date range or your using the wrong log in information - Check the Log4OM logfile to see the report
I'm used to manually upload eQSL, I don't want to do it automatically. But in Log4OM it is not a matter of right click and choose. Strange as it is possible to manually upload to qrz, clublog, HRDlog etc. Why not eQSL? Find the way it has to be done in this program a bit difficult.
Use QSL Tools Manager for single upload to eQSL
73 Terry G4POP
PE4BAS
Novice Class

Post by PE4BAS »

Thanks for the replies so far.

- ADIF originates from HRD V4. But tried HRD V5 also with same issues. As these are still using old ADIF formats it could indeed be the problem. So how to solve this?

- So far I think Log4OM only downloads the eQSLs that are in the inbox and not in the archives. Sounds logic however I tried to update my eQSL received status. In that case I need to merge archive eQSLs as well. This will not be needed if I solve the first problem!

- Yes I did read most of the manual and am aware of page 93. I know it is possible to manually upload eQSL and LOTW. However I'm used to have all options, including upload to eQSL, under the right click of the mouse. Hopefully that will be changed in version 2?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

PE4BAS wrote: 17 Dec 2017, 20:11 Thanks for the replies so far.

- ADIF originates from HRD V4. But tried HRD V5 also with same issues. As these are still using old ADIF formats it could indeed be the problem. So how to solve this?

- So far I think Log4OM only downloads the eQSLs that are in the inbox and not in the archives. Sounds logic however I tried to update my eQSL received status. In that case I need to merge archive eQSLs as well. This will not be needed if I solve the first problem!

- Yes I did read most of the manual and am aware of page 93. I know it is possible to manually upload eQSL and LOTW. However I'm used to have all options, including upload to eQSL, under the right click of the mouse. Hopefully that will be changed in version 2?

If you do an eQSL download using a very early start date, perhaps the earliest QSO in your logbook, then all will be updated with the latest status

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (47.34 KiB) Viewed 5977 times
73 Terry G4POP
PE4BAS
Novice Class

Post by PE4BAS »

Just tried that Terry but it is like I told, it only downloads the QSLs that are new and not in the archives. Another option would be downloading the complete ADIF from eQSL and merge it with the ADIF that is in Log4OM so far. I think I'll give that a try although I've done a similair thing in HRD in the past which resulted it double QSOs.
PE4BAS
Novice Class

Post by PE4BAS »

Sorry, I just tried to download the complete ADIF from eQSL. I now now what the problem is probabely. I've moved to another QTH in 2008 and so QSOs before are in another account. I guess this will solve the problem. At least I continue to try. Thanks so far for the help... :D
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Bas,

a complete other account or only a second account in your main account ? If it´s the last then it´s
easy. You only have to use the other QTH Nickname for this one before you download from eQSL ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
PE4BAS
Novice Class

Post by PE4BAS »

Hello Juergen, thanks for your reply. To answer the question; my original first account in my main eQSL account. Discovered that it is easy to switch HOME in Log4OM. Problem has been solved. I have to say that I get more enthousiastic about this logbook software every day. However after 10 years HRD it is very difficult to get into new logging software. You get used to some functions and changing software means learning new things. So I'm busy with it...73 :D