Intermitted TRX connection

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
pa3adu
Advanced Class

Intermitted TRX connection

Post by pa3adu »

Hi,
I am using Omni-Rig for the connection to my FTdx1200 and FT-1000. The connection does not always start up properly while Omni_rig is running fine. The interface I am using is a USB Device Router from Microham (setting up the virtual USB ports) which need to be started first. This router starts up with Windows 10 automatically, no problem and various programs can use this via Omni-Rig, except LOG4OM.
Often I need to restart the USB router and start LOG4OM to get the connection. (When LOG4OM does not connect, other programs can run happely so no issue here).

I also tried to let LOG4OM start the USB router in the Auto start setup and remove the Windows auto start. USB Device Router starts fine when firing LOG4OM and other programs can use the connection.
It looks like this issue is caused by a starting sequence, any suggestions?

73, Nico PA3ADU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Intermitted TRX connection

Post by G4POP »

Did you install all programs to run as an administrator, if not then do so
73 Terry G4POP
pa3adu
Advanced Class

Re: Intermitted TRX connection

Post by pa3adu »

Yes, I do Terry.
If it does not start the connection, it helps when I start N1MM. This reports that the com ports are in use (correct because OMNI-RIG is running) and a moments later LOG4OM is making the connection. It is a bit unstable and I have not found my way what the best order is to switch on everything.
Does it matter if the TRX's are off or must run before starting LOG4OM?