Settings for LOTW

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Settings for LOTW

Post by G4POP »

No problem Colin, shout anytime you need assistance
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Settings for LOTW

Post by IW3HMH »

K7PT wrote:The question I have about this LOTW thing is: Why does Log4OM not use the TQSL password that I have setup in "Setting">External Logs>TQSL Private Password?
This only happens on my Vista OS system. My Win 7 system works as it should.
I have to always enter it each time I upload to LOTW from my Vista system. Why?
TQSL Private Password is required in TQSL.EXE software. Log4OM stores this password for your convenience (as a reminder) and this password will be available the day ARRL will release a new TQSL.exe with password in the start parameters.

Log4om doesn't PUMP this password in the TQSL field, because this means searching for the tqsl.exe process and interacting with the field in a "hard wired" way, searching the form id in the opened forms.
This way to operate is STRICTLY related to the program structure, and a change on TQSL.exe software could potentially cause an unexpected fail on the lotw upload process.
It's like you try to enter the car through the windows. It's an "not supported and unofficial" way to enter the car, and window size can change "at any time" preventing any further access. A change in the "official": OPEN THE DOOR, ENTER, CLOSE THE DOOR procedure will be announced some time before change happens.

Log4OM works without this kind of integration, to be "fail safe" and working in any case if the TQSL changes. Of course if TQSL will change in DOCUMENTED parameters the software could needs further changes, but official integration (command line) changes will be (hopefully) widely announced before they happens. Field names in the software can change at any time, because they're not documented, not public and theoretically using this is an "hack" of the program functions.

Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH