Microsoft Update for Microsoft.net Framework 4

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
GM0FGI
Novice Class

Microsoft Update for Microsoft.net Framework 4

Post by GM0FGI »

Have been using Log40M successfully, upgraded a few weeks ago to the latest version.
Using Windows 7 required upgrade to upload microsoft.net framework 4
After several windows updates thought we were sorted but found every time I shutdown system updates 2 windows updates for microsoft.net, same two every time KB2656351 and KB 2600217. Have tried windows troubleshooting and occasionally this sorts out problem for one shut down and then it returns.

Have tried uninstalling microsoft.net framework 4 and re-installing either direct or via Log40M install. End up with same problem.

This means every time I close down the computer I install these two updates.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Many thanks
Tom GM0FGI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Microsoft Update for Microsoft.net Framework 4

Post by G4POP »

Yes you can elect to not download specific updates in the Windows update screen, something like ignore!

I had this with some MS updates last year and that was the only way that I could prevent it repeating the updates
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

I'm also running Win 7 and checked my Windows update history and DO see both of the updates mentioned on my system but do not see the issue mentioned.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Post by G4NVB »

I un-installed two microsoft.net files from my system; Re-booted and no longer get the two updates. One microsoft.net file has subsequently re-appeared on my system although I no longer get the two annoying updates :)
73 de David G4NVB
GM0FGI
Novice Class

Post by GM0FGI »

Many thanks for all the suggestions.

I have worked my way through all of them but unfortunately no success. Despite tuning off Update and uninstalling the updates I thought was causing the problem they are still there wanting to be re-installed. They must be stored somewhere else on the system!

So while I think about things I have uninstalled Microsoft.net Framework 4 so that I can turn off the computer without hassle.

I fear my only options are to re-install Microsoft.net Framework 4 and stop all updates but there are a lot of them mostly security issues, so is this wise?

Or give up trying to use Log40M.

Computers!!

Tom GM0FGI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

When Windows is about to do an update there is a 'View update' option in the update window.

If you select view updates you can deselect the two that a causing the issue and it won't reload them with future updates.

It has to be a local issue because this is the only instance from the 1400 users!
73 Terry G4POP