CAT no go

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4DWV
Old Man

CAT no go

Post by G4DWV »

I have come back to amateur radio after a break of 25 years and am spoilt for choice by all the computer programs that are now available. I am trying them out as I would prefer to get those sorted out first. I came across terry's excellent YouTube vids today and would loved what I saw about Log4OM. A BIG plus is that it does not use those awful Yahoo groups, but a proper forum. Anyway, down to business.

I have a FlexRadio 6300 and I cannot get CAT to work in Log4OM 1.18.1. As I could not see a way to use the SmartCAT software from FlexRadio, I downloaded and installed the OmniRig program. It installed to its default folder without giving me the option to change it.

I have selected OmniRig in the CAT tab and selected to open CAT on program start - nothing happens, no frequency display, nothing. No sign or indication that Log4OM has located OmniRig and no facility to manually input the path.

I have attached a copy of my CAT config page. Where am I going wrong? I have not had to use OmniRig or anything else to set up CAT with my other programs that I am trying out and am stuck :cry: :cry: . If I could manually select a COM port, I think I would be in business.

A couple of additional questions for a noob. Can one stop the options opening each time the program loads and can one get rid of the prompt when closing?

Thanks in advance,

Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
Attachments
2014-09-11_23h12_35.png
2014-09-11_23h12_35.png (83.72 KiB) Viewed 2770 times
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT no go

Post by G4POP »

Guy,
You must set the Omnirig options to match the com port, rig and baud rate of the Flex smart cat - Page 27 of the user guide refers. Page 192 has some flex information but your Flex user guide should also have reference to integrating logging programs with smart cat.

The options window should not open with the program providing you have completed the "Station info" tab and saved the config by clicking the save icon (Floppy disc icon at lower right of config screen)
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Re: CAT no go

Post by G4DWV »

Don't you just hate computers? You know, the way they make complete fools out of you? :roll: :roll: :roll:

I just loaded everything up to check my settings* and everything is working as expected! Don't forget to keep my details handy for FlexRadio API testing.

* There is nothing in the FlexRadio or their CAT software about connecting to other programs as such. All one has to do is to connect to the assigned COM port and it should just work. All I did was to enter the correct COM port and select the closest match (PowerSDR) in the rig type. This has been a bit intermittent and I will monitor the situation. Last night, I do not think Log4OM was loading OmniRig as per options - I did check for it in Task manager last night and it was not there. Seems to be doing so today (after a reboot).

The other thing that I noticed is that the PTT button in Log4OMmakes the rig go to transmit (relay clicks and LED changes colour) but no RF is transmitted (the rig itself is working fine).

Hope this helps you and others.

With kindest regards

Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.