Importing ADIF File from another Logging Pgm

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
K2QB
New user

Importing ADIF File from another Logging Pgm

Post by K2QB »

I am curretnly using Logger32 for my logging program and honestly, am very comfortable with it and like what if offers. I try to keep an open mind and always looking for something better so thought I would give Log4OM a try. I expoted my log file from Logger 32 and imported it into Log4OM. It indicated it successfully imported it and it appears that it did.

The one issue I do see is that my award totals are defintiely wrong. It doesn't seem to have correctly flagged my worked, confirmed or granted totals. For instance I curretnly do have 342/345 mixed. Log4OM shows 125/0. I thought that the ADIF file format was standard to allow data interchange between programs so wondering what may have gone wrong or is there something I should do before importing the file? Is there a way to correct it without matching up the worked/confirmed/granted QSO's from Logger32 and manual going into Log4OM and setting the flag?

Thanks!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Importing ADIF File from another Logging Pgm

Post by G4POP »

Email me the logger 32 ADIF File please
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Unless Logger32 exports the award Granted status according to the latest ADIF spec, you'll have to either manually set the status for each QSO Granted for what award or if you're a LOTW user, you can download all your credits by downloading from LOTW from date one of your log. ;)
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
K2QB
New user

Post by K2QB »

Thanks fellows for the replies. I will email you the file when I get home from work later this eveneing.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Jim sent me his ADIF file and below is the response that I sent to him:
The problem appears to be that the Award Credit status is only recorded in an application field (One specific to Logger 32) not in the latest ADIF 3.04 format which has unique fields for the credit status

The Logger 32 field is shown like this:

<APP_LOGGER32_CREDIT_GRANTED:15>QSL_DXCCMIXED (APP_LOGGER32 identifies the data field as being specific to the APPlication Logger 32)

Whereas ADIF 3.04 is like this

<AWARD_GRANTED:64>DXCC_MIXED,DXCC_CHALLENGE,FISTS_CENTURY_BASIC,FISTS_CENTURY_SILVER,FISTS_SPECTRUM_100-160m
As most of Jim's award credits were generated by paper QSL submission to the ARRL it would be a big job to manually update the information, the only alternative would be for Daniele to write an interpreter for ADIF import from Logger32.
73 Terry G4POP
gi4fue
Advanced Class

Post by gi4fue »

Same problem I have with an import from DXLabs DxKeeper - none of my USCA counties have been imported :oops:

73 de Charlie GI4FUE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Yes Charlie,
This is the problem when software developers don't keep up with the ADIF changes, although I have to say that you can't blame them because ADIF is now a complete mess
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Terry,

that´s the problem ... In DL also exists a "commercial" logging software called Hamoffice which has an own callsign database to check for DOK numbers and this logger has a specified DOK field. If someone try to export as ADIF and import to L4O (only as example) all the DOK numbers where up and away ... But i think it makes no sense for Daniele to write "Interpreters" for each special logging software with non ADIF specified columns ... Think than he has not longer the time to force updating L4O :D :D
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I did that for HRD awards...
it's pretty easy, provided the originator software exports readable and "structured" data that can be ported to Log4OM data structure
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH