Strange layout problem

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VK7XX
Old Man

Strange layout problem

Post by VK7XX »

I am using version 1.11.5.0 on a machine with Windows XP Pro SP3 & all latest updates, and have this strange layout problem.

On the QSO Information (F6) area, whether or not I have it detached, when I select 'Layout' I do not have the option of adding columns 'QSO Start time' or 'QSO end time' they are just not in the list on the left hand side. (nor are they on the right hand side).

I have re-booted my puta several times just in case it was a temporary glitch, but still no sign of them, however these options do appear in all other 'Layout' areas.

Anyone any ideas ??

John
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Strange layout problem

Post by G4POP »

Hi John,
Strange indeed!

I have noticed that sometimes the field list on the left hand side is not sorted alphabetically, have you checked the very bottom of the list?

Also have you re-installed the software?
73 Terry G4POP
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

Hello Terry. Yes, I double checked the entire list, the option is just not there :-(

No, I haven't reinstalled BUT, what I did do was:- downloaded the portable version, put it on a USB stick and ran it.. It is fine. So obviously I have a problem on my main 'puta. (knowing where tho would be nice).

I think I will just remove it entirely from being 'installed' and run it as a portable app.

John
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No need for that Joe give us a few hous and I will speak to Daniele
73 Terry G4POP
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

G4POP wrote:No need for that Joe give us a few hous and I will speak to Daniele

no worries Fred. :-) but too late, I have already uninstalled the program, trawled the registry to remove all Log4OM, Logom and other entries and setup the portable version... b.t.w., I have had some fun with the portable and have continued the thread on that matter here -----> http://www.pisto.it/forum/viewtopic.php ... p=619#p619

cheers Terry
John
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK7XX wrote:

no worries Fred. :-) but too late, I have already uninstalled the program, trawled the registry to remove all Log4OM, Logom and other entries and setup the portable version... b.t.w., I have had some fun with the portable and have continued the thread on that matter here -----> http://www.pisto.it/forum/viewtopic.php ... p=619#p619

cheers Terry
John
John,
Did you not receive the email that I sent to your gmail address at 0630 GMT yesterday?
73 Terry G4POP
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

Yes Terry. I got it this morning (my morning) and have replied.. plus sent an extra messate too.

John

G4POP wrote:
VK7XX wrote:

cheers Terry
John
John,
Did you not receive the email that I sent to your gmail address at 0630 GMT yesterday?
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi
No need to uninstall everything.
First of all: if QSO START TIME / QSO END TIME is not shown on LEFT side, it COULD be already on right side.
Assuming this is clear, and your one is an issue, as i think, here some informations:

If something screws up on the CUSTOMIZED layout do this:

1) find the Config path (settings -> settings 1 screen -> press VIEW CONFIG PATH button in the top right of the screen
2) open the indicated folder (usually something like C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR USER>\Application Data\LogOM)
3) there are some files that STARTS WITH ViewConfiguration______.xml
Those files are the DEFAULT FILES (don't change them).
If you changed something in your layout you can see a file like:
ViewConfiguration_____user.xml

In my case i changed the recent qso screen (that is managed by the ViewConfigurationSmallQSO.xml file). I have now a NEW FILE called ViewConfigurationSmallQSO_user.xml

Simply DELETE the _user extended file and Log4OM will start with default on the next run.

All USER CONFIGURED/CONFIGURABLE files are marked with _USER at the end of the file name.
This happens also with custom files changed via SETTINGS -> OPTIONS and in the first screen (Selected Config) with Enable Expert Mode flag.

All changes will be saved with _user extension to the main file name.

Hope this helps :)

All log4om configurations are stored in the config folder. NOTHING WILL BE WRITTEN IN ANY PLACE OUTSIDE THE MAIN PROGRAM FOLDER AND THIS FOLDER. NO REGISTRY, NO HIDDEN VARIABLES... NOTHING THAT IS NOT IN YOUR FILE SYSTEM

73 :)
Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH