ROS & Voice Keyer

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: ROS & Voice Keyer

Post by G4POP »

What is the manufacturer of the interface connected to ACC 2?
73 Terry G4POP
IU2CIQ
Novice Class

Post by IU2CIQ »

Is a simple homebrew optoinsulated interface:

Acc 2 out -> pc line in
Acc 2 in -> pc line out
Acc 2 ptt -> pc com4
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Well the voice keyer works only when using a full ACC 2 interface for PTT so for your set up it will not work

Your only solution is to purchase or build a cable that uses all the pins of ACC 2 and that does not relate the ACC 2 PTT line to a commport

Something like Digimaster mini or mini pro here http://www.g4zlp.co.uk/unified/DATA_DigiMaster.htm
73 Terry G4POP
CT2HUU
Novice Class

Post by CT2HUU »

IU2CIQ wrote: 15 Jan 2015, 07:04 I have a intarface that connect the acc2 at pc sound card and a usb for ptt via com4.
Whit this setup I work fine all digital mode e some Voice Keyer sofware.
I have the same issue.
I have the Kenwood TS-2000 connected via CAT (COM4) and working fine on Log4OM and DXLog (for contests) via Omnirig.
On DXLog I use a USB(COM7)-ACC2 connector plus the audio from the pc to use the DVK (Voice Keyer) and it works fine.
Not like Log4OM, DXLog allow me to set several COM ports and I configured to have the PTT controlled by COM7.

Now, I would like to use Log4OM Voice Keyer for daily use on Log4OM and I can't find a way to get the audio transmitted from the radio, the radio activates the PTT via CAT but activates my headset mic instead of the ACC2 connector. The audio is transmitted from the pc, but not from de radio. I understand that Log4OM is making the PTT using the CAT(my COM4) but it doesn't get the audio from my ACC2...

Does anyone knows how to set it properly?

Tks
CT2HUU
Bruno
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You need to select the correct sound device in the Log4OM configuration of the audio devices for 'From radio' and 'To radio'

Which device you select will depend on the audio interface you have connected to the ACC socket

More than that I cannot advise because you dont state which release number of log4OM your using or which interface device
73 Terry G4POP
CT2HUU
Novice Class

Post by CT2HUU »

Hi
-release number of log4OM - Version 2.11.0.0
-which interface device - https://www.astroradio.com/en/p/sound_c ... _3002_usb/
Images with the description on the next post (one day the page will become unavailable)
I have changed the usb port and now I'm using COM8, everything is the same as written before.
The config of the sound devices is correct:
log4om voice keyer.png
log4om voice keyer.png (164.28 KiB) Viewed 4611 times
The CAT cable is working fine to get the frequencies, mode, etc. PTT is activated correctly (from CAT) but there's no sound transmited, and it is played from the usb soundcard correctly.
Here are the configs on the CAT menu:
log4om CAT config.png
log4om CAT config.png (240.16 KiB) Viewed 4611 times
Tks
CT2HUU
Bruno
CT2HUU
Novice Class

Post by CT2HUU »

I'm posting this images to have the record of the cable description when the page become unavailable.
log4om 1 cable.jpg
log4om 1 cable.jpg (196.22 KiB) Viewed 4611 times
log4om 2 cable.png
log4om 2 cable.png (221.41 KiB) Viewed 4611 times
log4om 3 cable.png
log4om 3 cable.png (231.37 KiB) Viewed 4611 times
CT2HUU
Bruno
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I have just re-installed Log4OM version 2.11.00 which I downloaded from our normal download site

I am using my US Interface Navigator which has built in audio codec's with my Elecraft radio

I checked the Voice keyer in Log4OM and it worked fine.

If you set the RECORDING devices correctly to your computers sound devices (NOT your radio interface devices as shown in your screen shot) can you record and playback a message?

NOTE

The top devices labelled 'From radio' ad 'To radio' refer to the sound devices in the interface between the PC and your radio - These are the devices used to send the audio messages from the PC to your radio for transmission.

The lower devices labelled 'RECORDING' - 'Recording device' and 'Listening device' should be the microphone connected to your PC for recording the message and the loudspeaker connected to your PC for listening to the recording to check it sounds OK - These are only to enable you to record and check the messages
73 Terry G4POP
CT2HUU
Novice Class

Post by CT2HUU »

Hi Terry
Tks for the fast reply.

No doubts about the recording device. I made the records with the appropriated devices selected and it worked fine from the first attempt.

The problem is that there's no audio transmitted from the radio, even if it is played on the correct output device into the cable to the radio.

The way I see this is:
I have 2 cables from the PC to the radio, the USB to CAT and a USB+2 audio jacks to DIN.
On DXLog and Logger32 I can say that the CAT will manage frequencies and modes on the radio. And the USB+audio will deal with the audio and PTT control. And it works fine.
On Log4OM, it looks it is the CAT controlling the PTT and it doesn't know that has to "read" the audio on the DIN to get it on the air, instead of the headset mic. I've looked at the radio menus and couldn't find nothing related to switch - and it seems to be passive as it works on other programs.
This configuration works well on WSJT-X, Logger32, DXLog.net, which make me think there must be something missing on Log4OM configs for it to work as well.

Tks
CT2HUU
Bruno
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Log4OM sends the audio to the radio it does not 'Read' audio from the radio

Have you checked the audio levels of the interface codec in the windows sound manager?

When you send the voice message does the radio go to tx?
73 Terry G4POP