ROS & Voice Keyer

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
CT2HUU
Novice Class

Re: ROS & Voice Keyer

Post by CT2HUU »

"Log4OM sends the audio to the radio it does not 'Read' audio from the radio"
Yes! It was a way of explain the process. Log4OM effectively plays the required audio after Ctrl+F1, loud and clear.

The fact that you can hear it loud and clear indicates that Log4OM is sending the audio OK but its going to the wrong destination - cause is a set up issue

I am assuming that your not trying to run all of these programs at the same time and thereby causing conflicts???????

"Have you checked the audio levels of the interface codec in the windows sound manager?"
Yes, good audio levels on the output line of sound card.

No you dont want to check your PC soundcard output you need to check the interface audio device sound level in the windows audio manager - Then using the advanced properties for the interface sound device check the levels for that device - Not the master level

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (49.84 KiB) Viewed 2237 times

"
When you send the voice message does the radio go to tx?"
Yes it does. But it doesn't transmits the audio received via DIN connector, instead it "opens" the headset MIC and if I talk, it will be transmitted. This doesn't happen on WSJT, Logger32 nor DXLog, that's why I think it's not a radio issue but the way Log4OM deals with the PTT command/control. I think Log4OM is commanding/controlling the PTT via CAT and not via DIN. If the PTT was operated via DIN the radio should check DIN input audio, being operated via CAT it checks the MIC from the headset.

If you are only connected via the interface to the DIN ACC socket on the radio that is where log4OM is triggering the PTT - You dont have any other connections just the one

If its working with all of these other various programs it must work with Log4OM, its a setup issue!

Do you think a video of the issue would explain in a better way?

No

If I could find someone that have the voice keyer working on a TS-2000 (without microHams/expertrigs etc) would be so easy.
What you need is a local ham or PC expert to visit you and show you how the sound devices are managed by Windows

I have a good friend that lives just south of you at Mozelos I will see if he can assist you
CT2HUU
Bruno
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: ROS & Voice Keyer

Post by G4POP »

I understand that my good friend Manuel CT1BXX is now in touch with this user to assist him.
73 Terry G4POP