How to send corrected QSO to LOTW

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
K0AY
Old Man

How to send corrected QSO to LOTW

Post by K0AY »

After uploading to LOTW I realized that I made a mistake. I corrected it. I cannot figure our how to upload this corrected QSO to LOTW.

Art K0AY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: How to send corrected QSO to LOTW

Post by G4POP »

Unlike Clublog LOTW does not have a method of overwriting records or even deleting those bad records and uploading replacements.

Exactly what data was wrong?
73 Terry G4POP
K0AY
Old Man

Post by K0AY »

I'm trying to upload a corrected log entry to LOTW. Log4OM does a great job of determining which QSOs need to be uploaded to LOTW. But I corrected a typo and now wish to upload the corrected version. Is there a way to manually select QSOs for uploading to LOTW? I unchecked, the sent box for uploaded to LOTW but that did not help.

Art
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Yes you can, see page 98-99 of the manual here https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7rnrx9cwhk4j ... %20Eng.pdf

However as LOTW will see those uploaded entries as duplicates and therefore ignores them! Unless of course the call sign is different in which case you will end up with the original and the modified call entry both recorded in LOTW!

As I already stated LOTW has no mechanism for editing or deleting previously uploaded entries therefore nothing will change.

Perhaps another user knows otherwise but I have had this issue with LOTW since day one?
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Hi Art,
Terry is correct. There is not a method to delete a "bad" LOTW QSO that has been uploaded. Just make your correction and re-upload the Q.

As far a dups to LOTW goes, anything that does not match exactly the original QSO will result in a new QSO record. That goes for time also.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

But if the call sign, band, mode, date and time match it is treated as a dupe
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Yes.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
K0AY
Old Man

Post by K0AY »

Guys. I am failing to communicate. Let me restate the problem. From my Log4OM logbook, how do I manually select a QSO and upload it to LOTW?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K0AY wrote:Guys. I am failing to communicate. Let me restate the problem. From my Log4OM logbook, how do I manually select a QSO and upload it to LOTW?

Arthur.,

If you mean from the main logbook window (Recent QSO's (F7)) window the answer is you cannot

An upload to LOTW is either done automatically every time you save a QSO or manually using the QSL Manager as shown below and detailed in the user manual that I referred you to earlier.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (224.42 KiB) Viewed 9507 times
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Not really Terry.
LOTW is the only one external service that is NOT automatically uploaded at every QSO, due LOTW restrictions.

To resend QSO simply

1) open POST OFFICE,
2) select LOTW tab,
3) make your QSO selection using search parameters,
3) SELECT ALL ROWS YOU NEED TO SEND (all, one by one using CTRL-CLICK or SHIFT-CLICK in Excel style)
4) Click the UPLOAD button (UP ARROW).

This will create the new qso package to be sent automatically to LOTW

The "Select required" button is acting on all QSL in QSL_SENT status = REQUESTED, but can be manually overrided by a full search for the required QSO and following the above process.
This works also for EQSL in EQSL screen

Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH