Installed new version - no QSOs

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
K7PT
Old Man

Re: Installed new version - no QSOs

Post by K7PT »

Best thing to do is create a new folder, in your briefcase, desktop or documents, and call it Log4OMLog or N5XXX, and then create a database in that folder named whatever you want. Then import your adif file of your log and you should be good to go from now on.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

I am in the Beta Group and i have had no problems in the past when updating the program. But i am on the safe side here ... My database is on a seperate folder on another HDD and i make backups to a special backup folder which synchronising with a folder in the cloud ...

Like Terry said ... Computers are a wonderful thing but sometimes a bit tricky ... It´s better to have backups of the ADIF, the sqlite and the configuration files on a safe place or two ;) ;)

B.t.w. don´t forget to install all versions under administrator rights :!: :!:
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

Guys, I've been through this once before. I didn't change anything since the last time this happened. I didn't even change a single setting in the program - nothing. All I did this time was download and install the new version, (without uninstalling the old one as the instructions say), and all my QSOs were gone. I'm just reporting what's happening. Is that supposed to happen? If not then why did it happen. I had a running database before the upgrade. What am I supposed to do to prevent it from happening? I haven't a clue. I guess I can just re-import the adif backup every time I upgrade ... :(
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

N5INP wrote:Guys, I've been through this once before. I didn't change anything since the last time this happened. I didn't even change a single setting in the program - nothing. All I did this time was download and install the new version, (without uninstalling the old one as the instructions say), and all my QSOs were gone. I'm just reporting what's happening. Is that supposed to happen
No this should not be happening
If not then why did it happen.
To find out I need to Teamviewer into your computer, are you willing to install Teamviewer and let me log into your computer?
I had a running database before the upgrade. What am I supposed to do to prevent it from happening? I haven't a clue. I guess I can just re-import the adif backup every time I upgrade ... :(
This should not be necessary but I can only find out what is happen to your set-up that is not happening to our many thousands of other users by interacting with your computer with Teamviewer.
73 Terry G4POP
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

OK Terry thanks. I'll download it and get back with you at your convenience. As I said, I have all my QSOs, but yes let's see what's going on. I'll get back to you in this thread ... 8-)
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

OK Team viewer is set up. I actually told my brother about it and we set it up on my mother's PC so we can help her when she asks us weird questions about what she sees on her screen we don't have to go over there.

Anyway, it's set and working, up so let me know when you want to look in. I'll have to PM you the ID and password. Give me about an hour here, but anytime after that.

Thanks.
G6VMR
Old Man

Post by G6VMR »

Hi All

My current database disconnected at install of 1.21. Just needed to reopen the original database and all is fine QSO all still there.

Martin - G6VMR
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

Installed the new version - same thing as always. All QSOs gone. I re-loaded a backup file (which I presumed I would need anyway after the upgrade) and all is back to normal. I guess I can live with it but it's interesting.
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

N5INP wrote:Installed the new version - same thing as always. All QSOs gone. I re-loaded a backup file (which I presumed I would need anyway after the upgrade) and all is back to normal. I guess I can live with it but it's interesting.

it is interesting. I have just installed 1.22.0.0 and all my QSO's are just fine. The only "problem" that I have is that none of my previous window positions have been remembered (again) so this time I added this in as a 'feature request'. For what it is worth, I have never had the 'lost qso' problem that you have!

John
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

Just installed the new version and again all my QSOs are gone. Is it a BIG deal - no, because I simply re-load my backup file. It'd be really super keen if it didn't do that.

But, inquiring minds still want to know - why does this happen to my setup? :?