Label Design/printing

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
w0ls
Advanced Class

Label Design/printing

Post by w0ls »

I am just figuring out how the labeling function works. The label design tool has a TEST button and prints out test page. When I print out actual labels for a qso it comes out somewhat different. I would like to control how my labels look and can not seem to be able to do it very well. Test label comes out with a line that says "MYCALL CFM the QSO(s) with: YOURCALL". The label I print for that line says "CFM QSO: TL0A". Why the difference and how do I control what is printed on that line?

It then prints the QSO's and that looks ok. Then it prints QSL DIRECT and I think I can control that. It then prints the "COUNTRY: Central African Republic". Why does the country appear on the label and what controls it. When I look at cards I have received most if not all do not have the country name on the label. Can I get rid of it?

Next line printed is "PSE QSL(*)"...where is that coming from and what is "(*)". And the last line is a comment area and I see where that is coming from.

So this has been kind of long winded and rambling but I would like to know what I can and cannot control as far as what is printed on label and how to manage it. I have looked in the manual and have not found the answers.

Thanks,
Harry
W0LS
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Label Design/printing

Post by IW3HMH »

w0ls wrote:I am just figuring out how the labeling function works. The label design tool has a TEST button and prints out test page. When I print out actual labels for a qso it comes out somewhat different. I would like to control how my labels look and can not seem to be able to do it very well. Test label comes out with a line that says "MYCALL CFM the QSO(s) with: YOURCALL". The label I print for that line says "CFM QSO: TL0A". Why the difference and how do I control what is printed on that line?
is your STATION CALLSIGN set to something? The STATION CALLSIGN is used as MYCALL. If it's not set you can massively update it using some of the Log4OM update features in QSO management,
It then prints the QSO's and that looks ok. Then it prints QSL DIRECT and I think I can control that.
Yes you can from the QSO management phase (2nd tab) in label printing
It then prints the "COUNTRY: Central African Republic". Why does the country appear on the label and what controls it. When I look at cards I have received most if not all do not have the country name on the label. Can I get rid of it?
Fields are fixed in this version. Country is often requested by qsl manager and bureau dispatchers to easily manage your outbound qsl to the right box
Next line printed is "PSE QSL(*)"...where is that coming from and what is "(*)". And the last line is a comment area and I see where that is coming from.
If you print multiple QSO with same station on the same label you can have some QSO already confirmed while other QSO are not confirmed. Unconfirmed QSO are marked with the * sign, and the PSE QSL refers to those QSO.
So this has been kind of long winded and rambling but I would like to know what I can and cannot control as far as what is printed on label and how to manage it. I have looked in the manual and have not found the answers.

Thanks,
Harry
W0LS
Log4OM label print is something "basic" we developed to meet a wide request from our users. It's far away from being perfect, and we have plans to improve it in the future :)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
w0ls
Advanced Class

Post by w0ls »

Thanks Daniele for your comments...it helped a lot. Got MYCALL working now. I moved over from Dx4win and I guess that field was not in the adif. So I used your suggestion and populated it for my 8000 qso's. About have of those were with my present call, W0LS, and the others were made with my previous call, W0PIY. That worked great. This logging stuff is complicated and you guys have done a great, great job with log4om...I really like it but need to learn a little more. One thing I still seem to have a problem with is getting "PSE QSL" and "TNX QSL" to come out right on label but I will get it figured out. Later....

Harry
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

w0ls wrote: One thing I still seem to have a problem with is getting "PSE QSL" and "TNX QSL" to come out right on label but I will get it figured out. Later....
In Log4om Options - QSL and Labels tab set the response as required then if a QSO is marked as QSL received your outgoing card will be marked "TNX QSL" but if the QSL received status is marked Requested or No then the message will read "PSE QSL"
73 Terry G4POP
lz1ght
New user

Post by lz1ght »

Hi,
I logging SAT QSO and want to print labels for thеse QSOs. How to add that this is the SAT QSO on QO100 on the label?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Version one is maintenance only so it may be some time before this is added
73 Terry G4POP