v1.20 problems

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
N9CDM
Novice Class

v1.20 problems

Post by N9CDM »

I've been running v1.20 for several months with no problems, but a few days ago the Cluster feature would no longer connect. Turns out my AV software, BitDefender Internet Security, had flagged/disabled some of the relevant files. So, I told BD to leave them alone and Cluster stated working again. A couple of days later the program would not event start, I was receiving Windows messages saying the file Log4OM could not be found even though it was right where it should be. So, I uninstalled and tried to reinstall, but then BD started flagging numerous installation files as being infected with a trojan.generic.xxxxxxxx malware. Now, with BD set to exclude Log4OM's files/folders, I've done a clean install, but the program won't even start, with Windows reporting that I don't have the proper permissions, etc. See attached screen snip for Windows error message.

Why in the world, after months of working just fine, would I start having these problems? It is frustrating, to say the least, as I've become quite dependent on Log4OM and really don't want to start using another program. Any help will certainly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Screen Capture
Screen Capture
Log4OM_Capture.JPG (24.41 KiB) Viewed 6040 times
K7PT
Old Man

Re: v1.20 problems

Post by K7PT »

Are you running Log4OM as Administrator?

Make sure you have a backup of your logbook.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Also check that your Windows UAC (User account control) has the slider set to the lowest setting

Perhaps uninstal AVG - Instal Log4om - Reinstall AVG (If you must ) AVG quiet often returns false positives that why I just use the Windows protection
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

I run AVG with no problems on both my Vista and Win7 systems.
N9CDM
Novice Class

Post by N9CDM »

There were NO problems on the same computer, running the same AV, with v1.20 or any of the previous versions, until a few days ago. Installing/running as administrator makes no difference. I may try to install v1.19 later. This is very disappointing.
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Appears to me that you have a problem with your system that was introduced a few days ago. Possibly a virus?????

I would try disabling all of the security software for a test to make sure they are not interfering with Log4OM.

As you said, everything worked until a few days ago. Something has happened not related to Log4OM. :?:
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Probably an automatic update to AVG or windows
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

If you can't resolve it either Chuck or I will be happy to have a Teamviewer session with you to get you out of trouble
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

I doubt an update is causing the problem as I have all the updates to both AVG and Windows on both systems with no problems.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Charlie has an infection of some sort that is causing his problem which no one else seems to report.

Charlie have you tried a system restore back to before this started happening, when it last ran O.K.? I'd try that.

It could be that the issue you have may not let you do the system restore.
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Hi Charlie,
Can you give us an update? It would be helpful and we stand ready to assist you. :shock: