fixing log entry errors

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
W3NU
Novice Class

fixing log entry errors

Post by W3NU »

As a new Log4OM user, i entered details for about 300 QSO's, generated an .adi file, converted that to .tq8 with TQSL, and uploaded to LOTW. When I looked for the results I realized I had wrongly entered frequencies as MHz, not KHz, so all frequencies in LOTW are showing as a thousandth of what I intended. Bands are correct. Questions: How serious is my error? Does matching of QSO info depend on band, frequency, or both? What is the best way to correct my error? Does it need corrected, or should i just do it right for the rest of my QSO's? I also intend to upload to eQSL but have not done that yet. I do not use CAT since all my rigs are boatanchors. Thanks for any help and 73 de W3NU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: fixing log entry errors

Post by G4POP »

W3NU wrote:As a new Log4OM user, i entered details for about 300 QSO's, generated an .adi file, converted that to .tq8 with TQSL, and uploaded to LOTW. When I looked for the results I realized I had wrongly entered frequencies as MHz, not KHz, so all frequencies in LOTW are showing as a thousandth of what I intended. Bands are correct. Questions: How serious is my error? Does matching of QSO info depend on band, frequency, or both? What is the best way to correct my error? Does it need corrected, or should i just do it right for the rest of my QSO's? I also intend to upload to eQSL but have not done that yet. I do not use CAT since all my rigs are boatanchors. Thanks for any help and 73 de W3NU
Hi ?
Well the problem with LOTW is that it does not have a method of fixing errors or deleting logs and starting again!

However, and I would have to check this, I think LOTW only checks call sign, date, time, band and mode for a matching QSO so it might not be a problem.

Let me consult one of my team mates for the answer and I or Chuck will get back to you.
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

OK I just checked with Chuck K7PT and as I suspected the frequency is not important just the band, so no action is required.
73 Terry G4POP
W3NU
Novice Class

Post by W3NU »

Thank you; I will do it right going forward for LOTW. Now, for eQSL, is it the same way there, or should I fix the entries before uploading? If so, how can I generate a new .adi file for those 300 QSO's already processed?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WhY not use the QSL manager for your uploads instead of creating ADIF files?
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I agree with Terry.
Log4OM has an automated upload feature for LOTW, EQSL, HRDLOG, CLUBLOG online logs.
You can do everything from there.

if you have troubles with your log (need to fix frequencies on it) pse send it to me in ADIF format, and i'll fix it :)

my email address is iw3hmh@ this site (pisto.it)

Daniele IW3HMH
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
W3NU
Novice Class

Post by W3NU »

I will do as suggested. I am still learning , having used only paper logs for 50 years now. I will also send the .adi file to you. Thank you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

W3NU wrote:I will do as suggested. I am still learning , having used only paper logs for 50 years now. I will also send the .adi file to you. Thank you.

Page 103 onwards of the user guide covers upload and download for LOTQ and eQSL in detail
73 Terry G4POP