Updated version not showing on screen....

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G0JKZ
Novice Class

Updated version not showing on screen....

Post by G0JKZ »

I downloaded the latest version and asked in the facebook group about doing the uninstall first.... answer yes, so thats what I did.

installed newest version and it worked fine. closed the program and then did some other things. went to reopen the program and nothing... so i clicked the icon again and eventually it said application already running.... checked in task manager and yes, it was running... but nothing on screen. I killed the process and tried to launch the program. exactly the same. click, nothing, click again, app already running. task manager agrees... it is already running.

help?, or uninstall and revert to previous version?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Updated version not showing on screen....

Post by G4POP »

Sounds like either a bad download or install, please download again, uninstall and reinstall the new download.
73 Terry G4POP
G0JKZ
Novice Class

Post by G0JKZ »

ok, reinstalled... seems to be ok. now i have the 'communicator' icon appearing even though i have said not to autostart. Do I need the communicator to interact with other software or is it just a memory waste for me?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You only need communicator if you want to interface Log4OM with...

DM780
FLdigi
PSTRotator,
Webcam transmission to HRDLog

Otherwise go to the settings menu "Service" tab stop the service and uncheck Autostart and 'Save' the settings - Next time you run the program the Communicator will not start/open.

You might like to download the user manual from the Log4OM help menu as it has the answers to most questions.
73 Terry G4POP