Using Log4oM in contest mode

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
W7MCP
Novice Class

Using Log4oM in contest mode

Post by W7MCP »

Hello,

Last weekend I used the newest version of log4OM to log the 7QP contest. Worked very nicely for it. Problem found is that when viewing the log in contest mode everything looks great. Showing the exchange right and all other information. When this log is exported to ADIF the exchange is lost. Some of the contact times are missing and instead of state it just puts USA.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Mark/W7MCP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Using Log4oM in contest mode

Post by G4POP »

It would seem that you are doing something wrong because I just tested this in version 1.21.00 and all contest fields (SRX, SRX_STRING, STX, STX_STRING) are exported as are the state & county fields as shown in the ADIF export displayed below in ADIFMaster.

How exactly are you doing the ADIF export - Step by Step please
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (43.18 KiB) Viewed 9446 times
73 Terry G4POP
W7MCP
Novice Class

Post by W7MCP »

My apologies. Before replying to your post I downloaded Adif Master and low and behold there is all the info. Its there. Must be in the conversion to cabrillo that its being lost. can you recommend a good conversion program?

Thanks for the help.

Mark/W7MCP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi Mark,

As much as I love Log4OM for general logging, my recommendation, if you are really interested in contesting, would be to download and use N1MM+. Its free, its very well designed and its specifically for contesting. Its very hard to have a good general logging program that also contests well. N1MM+ has so many automated contesting features, it would be pointless for a general logging program to compete. And N1MM+ is NOT a general logging program and will never be. Just two very different roles and purposes.

With N1MM+ you can download directly into Cabrillo file format. You can also download an ADIF file at the completion of the contest and upload it to Log4Om, so you have a complete log, contests and all in Log4OM.

Give it a try, I think you will like it. it can be daunting at first, but there are some tutorials around on the internet. It will pay off, even if you are a casual contester.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
W7MCP
Novice Class

Post by W7MCP »

Thanks for the info Doug. The promoters of 7QP also recommended I do that. I will download that after I post this message. I do SOTA activations and contest. Thats my main ham radio fun. So I will do better with a specific contesting logger.

Thanks again and 73.

Mark/ W7MCP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Mark,
Doug is correct N1MM is best for serious contesting and then import the N1MM log into Log4om

However I think you will find Log4om hard to beat for SOTA chasers or activators and as a general/DX logbook.
73 Terry G4POP
vu2grm
Novice Class

Re: Cabrillo file generation

Post by vu2grm »

Hi.
Log40M is a very nice program for general logging. I used it for a Padang DX contest and was not able to generate a cabrillo file. I used the date field and exported to ADI file. Downloaded User defined file from Padang web site to N1MM. Imported the ADI file in N1MM and generated a cabrillo.

Another issue is you cannot select few records from the log to make a separate file. This is possible in any other logging programs..

73's
de
VU2GRM
LA9FFA
Advanced Class

Post by LA9FFA »

vu2grm wrote: Another issue is you cannot select few records from the log to make a separate file. This is possible in any other logging programs..

73's
de
VU2GRM
Yes you can. Just hold down your "CTRL" key on your keybord and use your mouse to mark the qso`s you need to make a export to either adif or csv
ea1ur
New user

Post by ea1ur »

LA9FFA wrote: 19 Dec 2016, 05:41
vu2grm wrote: Another issue is you cannot select few records from the log to make a separate file. This is possible in any other logging programs..

73's
de
VU2GRM
Yes you can. Just hold down your "CTRL" key on your keybord and use your mouse to mark the qso`s you need to make a export to either adif or csv
Sorry, but i have de same problem, no way to export only selected QSO. I have a filter to show only QSO of contest, and "CTRL" or "Shift" dont work.
An when you go to export ADIF , there are no way to put a filter.

Im study going via SQL or looking for ADIF editor

EA1UR
73s
HB9BRJ
Old Man

Post by HB9BRJ »

- QSO Manager > QSO Archive
- Display Limit = 0 (bottom right corner)
- Search, filter and sort according to your needs
- Make your selection in the list (grid):
- drag mouse over a range of adjacent QSOs
- select first QSO, hold shift key and select last QSO of range
- hold ctrl key and select any number of individual QSOs
- Once your selection is made: Export using ADIF/CSV icons.

Completely intuitive and 100% according to Windows standard!

73, Markus HB9BRJ