"Excluding" QSOs from Statistics & Awards Processing?

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
EI4HQ
Advanced Class

"Excluding" QSOs from Statistics & Awards Processing?

Post by EI4HQ »

Hi,

So, thanks to Log4OM I'm finally getting my stuff together where QSLing is concerned. It's all working wonderfully and I'm a very happy chap; while humming away to myself and going through the information on Country Status in the Statistics and Awards windows this evening to see what QSLs I should be requesting to increase my country total (i.e. those flagged "orange"), I realised that a number of those "Worked/Not Confirmed" QSOs will, for whatever reason never yield a confirmation.

As an example, I worked EZ4XX (Turkmenistan) twice in 2004 but those QSOs won't yield a QSL as amateur radio appears to have been wiped out as a result of internal politics around that time (there's a bit of correspondence online about that situation if you're interested e.g. http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index ... ic=11167.0). Other reasons include bad call copy by me, pirates, and a few stations that just don't QSL (yup, there are a few of those; not in the spirit of amatuer radio I'd suggest but each to their own...)

Now I don't want to delete those contacts from my log as (a) they were actual contacts and therefore should remain in the log to meet one of the requirements of my licence i.e. to record all transmissions and (b) those contacts are a small little bit of history documenting how the World was and are a record of my "radio life". I do however want to remove those QSOs from consideration for Statistics and Awards i.e. so Log4OM treats the corresponding country not as "Worked/Not Confirmed" but as "Not Worked" Suggestions appreciated as to how I might do this? Is it possible to do such a thing in Log4OM? Am I just being contrary? ;)
BR
Cormac, EI4HQ
[Cobh IO51uu / UTC] NNNN++++
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: "Excluding" QSOs from Statistics & Awards Processing?

Post by G4POP »

Cormac,
There is no mechanism in Log4om for doing this. However you could edit those entries and remove the country name and DXCC
73 Terry G4POP
EI4HQ
Advanced Class

Post by EI4HQ »

Terry,

Morning. That works :D Thanks!
BR
Cormac, EI4HQ
[Cobh IO51uu / UTC] NNNN++++
ik2egl
Old Man

Post by ik2egl »

Hi thanks for workaround.
I had the same issue and I was stuck.

I remenber also that it was traced in mantis, some time ago, to have a specific new qso status as "not valid for award", but this way is fine to go further.

:D
73 de Don IK2EGL