eQSL Image download issues

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
N5INP
Old Man

Re: eQSL Image download issues

Post by N5INP »

IW3HMH wrote: As you can see the file image is PNG.
Yep I see that, and that's the extensions of all the images I have in my log4OM database - except that they aren't really .png files they are encoded as .jpg's. So something is different between what you have done and what they are doing.

So I'll go back over there and inform them of your test and see what they say ...
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

It seems we're both correct.
I for an answer from eqsl guys:

Code: Select all

Ok, I can duplicate.
The problem happens when you have the default display type set to be PNG in 
the profile page, it needs to be set to JPG for GeteQSL.cfm to return the 
proper file extension.
So the file extension is managed by your settings in eqsl and the extension could be different if you changed the default visualization type. If you have png as default the file is correctly named, otherwise could be incorrect.
I'll make changes to Log4OM code to check this, not documented, feature of eqsl.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

Yea I just tried a manual GetQSL and I got a file with the extension .jpg and it's encoded as .jpg.

I think they have a bug over there such as if you have never set the default file type, it sends out a .jpg file with a .png extension. The problem is that you wouldn't know or care because when you view them from the user interface at eQSL they are .jpg with the correct encoding. Since yesterday he asked me to check the default type and I simply set it as .jpg and saved it. That must have caused their system to "reset" and clear up the file type.

So I'll tell them what I - we - found out and they can possibly ... what ... do something in the background or inform people or something to not trust the default setting because it may not give downloads of the correct extension for logging programs. :D
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I've changed Log4Om to analyze the file extension, as we discovered is not fixed PNG, so we will download and save the file with the correct extension reported by their services.
I can't do much more than this, provided i cannot inspect the image source to analyze his real content.

Will be released with 1.23.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH