Backup on screen button gone AWOL?

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
TY2CD
Novice Class

Backup on screen button gone AWOL?

Post by TY2CD »

Greetings,

Thank you again for the latest update for the log program of choice in TY land (Benin).

I am missing the on screen backup button in the latest version and see one has to make use of the drop-down menu now.

I found it very useful to have the button available on screen as quick assurance backups in my environment where electricity outages can happen any moment and I am doing backups every few QSO's and not only when I am done for the day.

What about bringing it back :D

de Wynand / TY2CD
VK7XX
Old Man

Re: Backup on screen button gone AWOL?

Post by VK7XX »

TY2CD wrote:Greetings,

Thank you again for the latest update for the log program of choice in TY land (Benin).

I am missing the on screen backup button in the latest version and see one has to make use of the drop-down menu now.

I found it very useful to have the button available on screen as quick assurance backups in my environment where electricity outages can happen any moment and I am doing backups every few QSO's and not only when I am done for the day.

What about bringing it back :D

de Wynand / TY2CD
I will vote for that as well !

John
VK7XX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Ok we have 2 votes right now :)
we moved some functions to inner menu's to make space for both VFO in the worst resolution scenario, but we can change our choices following user needs
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

IW3HMH wrote:Ok we have 2 votes right now :)
we moved some functions to inner menu's to make space for both VFO in the worst resolution scenario, but we can change our choices following user needs
How about a text menu "Backup Now" on the line above the icons..... there is plenty of room there !

John
VK7XX
VK7CW
Advanced Class

Post by VK7CW »

Hi Danielle,

Make that 3 votes.

I would like to see the backup button and statistics and awards button returned. Just my 2 cents worth!

73 de Steve VK7CW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I can sort of see a reason for the backup button if you need to do interval backups during a session, might be better if we added a choice like "Backup every - 'N' QSO's"

However I can't understand why anyone would require a statistics button which is a pure housekeeping function!

The statistics window can be left open while you are operating so you don't require a button to repeatedly open it?

Its not like the statistics window is an active window that indicates new entries as you work them like some contest loggers do, its just a static view of the statistics until the user manually refreshes it by award selection or re-opening it!

If the statistics window is being used to look for required entities its easier to watch the colour coding of the cluster or the Country worked made/band panel.

What I don't want to see is a cluttered tool bar like the image below
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (22.51 KiB) Viewed 4846 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (18.11 KiB) Viewed 4846 times
73 Terry G4POP
VK7CW
Advanced Class

Post by VK7CW »

Terry,

Each to their own I suppose. Everyone probably has there own set that they use all the time and we could all argue the for's and against's for each button.

I could also ask you why do I need a Rotate Antenna Button and a PTT button when I don't use either of them!

If you cant understand why anyone would require a statistics button, why was it there in the first place?

Perhaps adding the ability for the individual user to customise their own button bar might be a better solution.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK7CW wrote:If you cant understand why anyone would require a statistics button, why was it there in the first place?
It was just a few buttons added when we first started 3 years ago before we added other facilities like rotator
Perhaps adding the ability for the individual user to customise their own button bar might be a better solution.
That is a good idea but only Lele could tell us if it is possible?

Personally the only buttons/displays I would like are those listed below, I added the other ones to the list for a complete set of "Operational" buttons to suit all users

CAT connection because I am forever changing rigs (I have five so wish Omnirig provided more rigs)
PTT - I use that a lot
Winkeyer - Because I often switch to CW quickly
Rig selector
Net Control - I use it twice a day every day
VFO A & B display

Everyone is different and have their own pet requirements the trick is trying to please everyone - IMHO thats not possible :D
73 Terry G4POP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Yes Terry, to each their own.

I must use the Statistics button 6 times a ham session. Not to check for worked, but to work on confirmations, getting cards checked, and moving to Credit Granted. Plus, as you know, I have been working on the Credit Granted import. Yes, I could leave it open, but just when I think I am done and close it, something else comes up.

Buttons which I never use are the PTT, Rig, and Rotor, but I understand others do. As for your situation, how many hams juggle five rigs! :oops:

A user defined tool bar would make everyone happy!

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA